Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Own Brands Department has an opening for a Product Development Data and Business Analyst. This position is located in Dublin, California.
This position was established due to the need for the management, operation and maintenance of several business systems that will enable the Product Development department to manage, track and report on the status of several product development, maintenance and business cycles.
The position will manage data and metrics produced by multiple system platforms used by Product Development, Culinary & Regulatory which include but are not restricted to ReposiTrak, LabelInsights & Optiva. This position will also be the key point of contact for the vendors that provide these programs to ensure that the latest versions of these systems are operational in the enterprise. This position is critical to ensuring management are updated as to the status of various business processes and requirements. Other data maintenance projects may be l be secondary responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage and optimize the usage of various business platforms and/or systems
* Provide support to the Product Development, Culinary and Regulatory teams in the form of trackers and status reports
* May lead a team of analysts to ensure projects are kept on leadership approved timelines. Elevate issues to management if compliance timelines or deadlines where relevant are at risk.
* Prioritize and make decisions on focus and scope of work for a future team of analysts while taking in account business needs and project timelines and complexity.
* Update tracking tools used for compliance program and provide scheduled updates on progress and challenges. Provide information to other team members as requested.
* Point person to manage software systems for internal business stakeholders such as IT and Marketing
* Provide information and data to the management team for other projects as required to maintain accuracy of data within agreed upon project timelines.
* BS/BA degree with focus on business analysis or business systems
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
* Minimum of 2- 4 years of data analysis, tracking and management
* Expert level of MS Excel
* Experience in working directly with a technical functional group is preferred
* The incumbent must have more than basic data analysis/management skills with the ability to understand and work with technical information templates, documents and data systems.
* Must have strong typing skills and be able to handle multiple on-going projects simultaneously, managing their own time and the time of a future team to complete assignments within the allotted project time lines.
* Must be comfortable with asking questions and having direct discussions of project requirements with peers, supervisors and product development, culinary and regulatory personnel up to the VP level.
* Must be comfortable with doing presentations and public speaking
* Must be able to interface directly with product suppliers to obtain compliance to information requests and meet project timelines.
* Strong communication skills (verbal, email and face to face) are required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled