The Product Development Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and improving products - especially specialty laminated and converted paperboard products primarily in the packaging industry. The position has responsibilities for "current day" design and sampling activities. However, the primary measure of success will be the "new day" results from projects and activities in support of new product opportunities. This position will be oriented to research, creative design, and prototype testing.
Essential Job Functions include the following:
- Support new product research, design, and testing.
- Support improved and enhanced designs of existing products.
- Create technical drawings and samples.
- Additional duties might be added.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum third year student in packaging design/engineering required
- Demonstrated CAD software experience required
- Paper/packaging experience preferred
- BS candidate in Packaging Engineering or related field
- Excellent creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong self-motivation, independent planner, and time manager
- Understanding of general business principles
- Proficient communication skills and use of Microsoft office products
- Attitudes and actions which fit Dura-Fibre Core Values of continuous improvement, candor, commitment, and camaraderie