Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest IT staffing firm, has opportunities for Product Development Engineers to support one of our top clients in Philadelphia, PA!
Please find the details below. If interested, please send your resume and best method of contact to Mary Savage at email@example.com!
Responsible for feature design for National Care Tools including taking enhancements from initial Intake through Deployment. This includes participating in prioritization discussions, design sessions, daily/weekly scrums, colocations and acceptance demonstrations. Appropriate candidates require expertise in agile development and the construction of user stories to document features and ensure successful feature completion and must be able to work with a cross functional team. 3-5 years experience needed.
Product Development Engineer 2
• Responsible for developing, implementing and managing, SD-WAN and IP product demo network supporting strategic customer and executive presentations.
• Maintain technical product documentation (PowerPoint and wiki-based).
• Support the development of new data product features by performing analysis, developing artifacts and aiding each product development lead.
Skills and experience
• Professional communications skills, both written and verbal
• Detail-oriented analytical skills
• Meeting facilitation and presentation skills both in person and via phone
• Competency with Microsoft suite of services, including Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Telecom experience desired
• Experience with IP network technologies such as Cisco/Juniper routers
• Experience with linux based systems
• Experience with scripting such as PERL, PHP, etc….
• Understand virtualization technologies and their concepts in telecom
• Familiarity with SD-WAN and Security Firewall products
1. Responsible for developing, implementing and managing, SD-WAN and IP product demo network supporting strategic customer and executive presentations.
a. Support implementation of new features on demo network.
b. Support the enablement of test environments to validate technical product deliverables at the network layer.
c. Drive customer specific and cross product implementations as proof of concepts for effective demonstration and implementation.
d. Troubleshoot and resolve demo network issues.
e. Develop documentation for other organizations to implement similar demo networks across the country.
2. Maintain technical product documentation (PowerPoint and wiki-based).
3. Assist in the development and deployment of new product features.
a. Build customer network environments to emulate “real world” communication flows utilizing Production products and services.
b. Build TCP/UDP data flows to emulate customer traffic from site to site.
c. Generate alarms on network equipment to verify information in Comcast ActiveCore portal
d. Support the development of business requirements, process, and technical solution design for the project.
e. Work with the Product Development Program Manager to manage resource needs and solution timelines across the life cycle of product development.
f. Document technical capabilities of products and services for non-technical audience.
3. Develop documentation according to a common telecom standards and product requirements
4. Work with key stakeholders to ensure information is clear, complete and meets the needs of their organizations
5. Collaborate with key cross-functional program contributors to achieve objectives
6. Support ad-hoc analysis and reporting for Product Development team
8. Assist in Developing and maintaining statuses and reporting on deliverables.
a. Provide status updates (and manage status documentation and artifacts) for weekly project alignment meetings.
b. Provide status updates in clarity system
9. Maintain Wiki site with relevant information and artifacts supporting product features and processes
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178