Job Title : Engr 2, Product Development
Location : San Diego, CA 92121
Duration : 9 + Months
Engr 2, Product Development
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer for a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced global R&D team responsible for value engineering and commercializing disposable infusion products. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. The individual will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand end-user needs, translating those into system requirements, developing robust design solutions, and supporting design transfer to manufacturing and operations. The individual is expected to proactively manage technical risks, drive feasibility testing, robustness testing, manage error budgets, cost models, and drive timely completion of projects. These projects can involve automation, mechanical design, mechanical testing, materials engineering and other types of mechanical engineering projects.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
• BS – Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with emphasis on mechanical design and development.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as practicing engineer.
• Working knowledge of design control processes and creating and maintaining design control documentation.
• Excellent knowledge of fundamental Mechanical Engineering principles and strong experience in their application to solving manufacturing and engineering problems.
• Prior experience of working as part of a cross-functional team with members from marketing, sales, clinical, regulatory, operations etc.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects of varying scopes at once.
Product Development exp, required.
Infusion, disposable experience.
• MS – Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with emphasis on mechanical design and development.
• Prior experience in medical device industry, medical device design controls, ISO standards.
• Prior experience in injection molding, plastic extrusion, DFM for high volume manufacturing, medical product sterilization.
• SolidWorks or equivalent CAD tool.
• Background and experience in Design of Experiments and statistical methods of analysis.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
Product Development Engineer