Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Responsible for managing the Product Development Process (PDP) for specifically assigned product development and introduction projects. Manage all aspects of project schedule, budget, quality, product cost targets and product development performance. Projects may range from new market entries, current model redesigns, system upgrades, or substantial modifications to a current model. As assigned lead one or more teams that will vary in number based on project scope and size.
- During Planning Stage of product development project, manage project definition, perform tasks to plan, organize, and kick-off the project. Assist management team with creation of pre-profile document, integrating R&D activity into the project start, identifying project core and non-core team members, developing preliminary project schedule, and defining other project goals. Chair the project kick-off meeting(s), communicate progress, and work with the management team to resolve any initial project issues.
- During Development Stage, manage the product development process through the concept, development, and detail phases. Include the refinement of all project goals such as detailed project schedule, project budget, cost targets, product performance targets, and quality goals with input from all team members. Continually monitor progress to these goals, coordinate to achieve goals, and report progress to these goals and deviation from goals to management. Organize and lead the Definition and Mid Project Review (MPR) executive reviews.
- During Validation and Production Stages, manage the development and implementation process through the refinement, check, test, and pre-production phases. Manage and monitor project progress to goals, and ensure a coordinated introduction of a quality product to production and customer. Lead executive reviews during these phases including the Production and Sales Committee meetings.
- During Closure Stage, perform a post project audit and report.
- Assure ISO Compliance and promote Continuous Improvement for the product development process. With Management team’s approval, suggest and update process documentation to continually improve and align the process with Crown’s environment.
- Act as primary facilitator of all key meetings, manage necessary details before and after these meetings, and document and distribute meeting minutes.
Related Terms: Automated Driving, Automation Engineer Robotics, Automotive Engineer, Automated Forklift, Autonomous Development Engineer, Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGV), Autonomous Vehicle Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Technology, Connected & Automated Vehicle (CAV), Driver Assistance Systems, Engineering Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Product Development, Product Engineer, Product Development Manager, Self-Driving Cars, Vehicle Dynamics Systems Development, Vehicle Integration
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in product development environment
- Strong project management, people management, and decision-making skills
- Good written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading a product engineering group in the design and development of automation technology
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled