Apex Systems has an immediate need for a Product Director to work with the Product Architects and Client Product Leads, Release Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and other internal and external stakeholders, to support development of Agile Product Vision and Road map, with the goal of building the best viable product for the customer.
- Work with project teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The ADO PD, working with the CPO & Client Product Lead, develops and maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team.
- The ideal candidate is someone with strong technical skills and knowledge combined with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts, but with enough business acumen to prioritize initiatives and work with senior management on tradeoffs.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business needs are being articulated and defined appropriately.
- Elaborate features with business intent and acceptance criteria.
- Assist teams in breaking down features into user stories.
- Work with the release management team to deliver releases.
- Assist the Product Lead and Product Management in the development and communication of the Product vision and roadmap.
- Help Product Leads understand the program backlog so they can manage and prioritize the flow of work.
- Work with Product Architect to understand product architecture and Enabler work.
- Understand and support portfolio work
- Own the Product Backlog and participate in Agile grooming sessions
- Serve as a product expert, understanding user workflow; and working with Development to deliver solutions to meet end user needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complex solution including future release development and integration.
- Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience writing requirements and manage others driving requirements through the full SDLC. Includes business requirements, functional design, test plans, implementation plans, and can review and understand technical design.
- Technical understanding of databases, flow diagrams, some ability to read code and scripts.
- Ability to own and drive defect triage and prioritization.
- Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
- Excellent communication and Partnership skills.
- Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.
- Proven leadership experience in IT delivery.
- Deep understanding and experience of web technologies, user experience modeling/evolution etc. Understanding of mobile technologies will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
- Business savviness and ability to identify potential business and product opportunities.
- Experience with Product Roadmap development and influencing key stake holders for buy in on business priorities.
Nice to have’s
- Development or testing experience
- Business analyst experience
- Experience with JIRA a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178