At Lovesac we believe you should be free to live the life you love. We are a rapidly growing, technology-enabled disruptor in the furniture category with dozens of issued and pending patents in categories that extend far beyond bean bags and couches. As a Product Engineer, you will collaborate on the conception, design and construction of core Lovesac branded product innovations. You will work closely with the company�s founders and the Product Design team to execute on new product initiatives and manufacturing partners. This position is for our design office in St. George, UT, but you should be willing to travel to out of town meetings and overseas. You will leverage your knowledge and experience in: design process, CAD, materials, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Industrial Design. You will augment our internal design team�s capabilities while also providing guidance to outside partners and create the future of the brand.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed all departmental goals and KPIs.
- Design and develop Lovesac products and furniture that support our sactionals platform and new product platforms using inputs including but not limited to: wood, plastic, metal, composites, electronics, lighting, fabric, etc.
- Create accurate 3D models, drawings and renderings to facilitate: injection molding, manufacturing, sourcing and quality control.
- Prototype your designs using various methods and materials.
- Create, implement and analyze product test plans.
- Use and maintain 3D printers, wood working tools, test equipment and general shop tools.
- Invent, design and develop new categories while supporting incremental innovation on existing product.
- Work closely with marketing team to create products that meet or exceed the conditions of research-informed product briefs.
- Conduct basic cost-analysis and coordinate with cross-functional team to ensure projects meet budgets.
- Work to meet timeline goals with vendors, factories and suppliers, both overseas and domestically, through designing, sampling and execution of new product launches.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and according to our company standards. Act with integrity and trust at all times, promoting the core values of the company.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor�s Degree in Mechanical Engineering ith a minimum of 3 years of experience plus demonstrated experience in plastics design, furniture, electronics, audio equipment, and home automation.
Proficiency with the following software and applications required:
- Solidworks: Modeling, Assemblies, Drawings, Tolerancing, Injection Mold Part Design, FEA and other Simulation, Rendering, Evaluation Tools, Sheet Metal etc.
-MS Office: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
-Experience with Adobe Suite: Acrobat Pro; Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop are a plus.
-Design for Manufacturing, Knowledge of Materials, Rapid Visualization, Contextual ResearchPrototyping: Including 3D Printing, Woodworking, Sewing and Equipment Maintenance.
-Testing and Analysis: Ability to define test outcomes, create a test plan, purchase test equipment, setup and execute the test, and analyze test data.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a collaborative environment and work cross functionally throughout the organization.
- Must always demonstrate a customer�centric mindset with respect and integrity.
- Able to comply with corporate policies and procedures outlined in The Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working on the selling floor or in our warehouse and regularly be able to use hands to handle, touch and sample products. Must be able to reach with hands, stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend or crouch, sit, balance and climb.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
Our stores including our website are open seven days a week and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.