At Lovesac we believe you should be free to live the life you love. We are a rapidly growing technology-enabled disruptor in the furniture category with dozens of issued and pending patents in categories that extend far beyond the bean bags and couches that have carried us thus far. As a Product Engineer, you collaborate on the conception, design and construction of core Lovesac branded product innovations. You work closely with the company’s founders and the product design team to execute on new product initiatives and manufacturing partners. This position is a full-time, exempt role based in our design office located in St. George, UT, but you should be willing to travel to out of town meetings and overseas. You will leverage your knowledge and experience in: design process, CAD, materials, engineering, manufacturing, and industrial design. You will augment our internal design team’s capabilities while also providing guidance to outside partners and create the future of the brand.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed all departmental goals and KPIs.
- Design and develop Lovesac products and furniture that support our sactionals platform and new product platforms using inputs including but not limited to wood, plastic, metal, composites, electronics, lighting, fabric, etc.
- Create accurate 3D models, drawings and renderings to help facilitate injection molding, manufacturing, sourcing and quality control.
- Prototype your designs using various methods and materials.
- Create, implement and analyze product test plans.
- Use and maintain 3D printers, wood working tools, test equipment and general shop tools.
- Invent, design and develop new categories while supporting incremental innovation on existing product.
- Work closely with marketing team to create products that meet or exceed the conditions of research informed product briefs.
- Manage communications with 3rd party factory project managers, technicians and engineers through the sampling and production phases to ensure timelines stay on track for launch.
- Manage and maintain the organization of design files, conduct basic cost-analysis and coordinate with cross-functional team to ensure projects meet budgets.
- Work with vendors, contact factories and suppliers both overseas and domestically in sampling, designing, and execution of new product
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and according to our company standards.
- Acts with high integrity and trust at all times, promoting the core values of the company.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in plastics design, furniture, electronics, audio equipment, and home automation is ideal
- Must be results driven and able to work independently utilizing his or her skills and knowledge to meet or exceed goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing business environment; able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Provide logical solutions to problems, able to anticipate issues and more correct decisions.
- Takes accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Superior communications skills are required; verbal, written and interpersonal skills, able to listen effectively, anticipate issues and make necessary decisions.
- Maintains a customer–centric mindset.
- Excels at creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work cross functionally with fellow employees, treating all with dignity and respect at all times.
- Complies with the company standards, policies and procedures in The Lovesac Employee Handbook.
Technical Skills Required:
- Solidworks: Modeling, Assemblies, Drawings, Tolerancing, Injection Mold Part Design, FEA and other Simulation, Rendering, Evaluation Tools, Sheet Metal etc.
- Experience with Adobe suite is a plus.
- Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Design for Manufacturing, Knowledge of Materials, Rapid Visualization, Contextual Research.
- Prototyping: Including 3D Printing, Woodworking, Sewing and Equipment Maintenance.
- Testing and Analysis: Able to define test outcomes; create test plans, purchase test equipment, setup and execute, and analyze test data.
A candidate is willing to lift and move medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds. He or she regularly uses hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend or crouch, sit, balance and climb. He or she is able to obtain a passport and necessary visas and is willing to travel within the US and overseas using various forms of transportation.