Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
A Product Engineer 5 will lead, and is personally accountable for, high profile project timelines and milestones. They will manage projects for product development, quality development, quality initiatives, supplier selection, problem solving as well as designing and conducting independent experiments and tests.
• Lead cross-functional teams consisting of business development, engineering, manufacturing, processing engineering, field service, and suppliers during new product development launch through to production release
• Be a leader for problem-solving skills: defining the problem, identifying objectives, assessing risk, developing approach, analyzing results and providing recommendations
• Coordinate development activities with suppliers and product groups
• Implement industry standard process control techniques such as six sigma techniques to manage and develop production efficiencies and quality
• Develop continuous improvement plans (CIP) on existing manufacturing processes to increase first pass yield
• Be the chief advocate for your product across company organizations
• Minimum of 10 + years applicable experience and manufacturing processes and design, preferably in the semiconductor industry preferred
• BS/MS degree in a technical field listed (but not limited to) the following: M.E., E.E., ChE, Chemistry, Mat Sci., Physics, Comp. Sci. or related field; Advanced degree PhD desirable, but level of work experience also considered
• Strong project management, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of Statistics Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause-Corrective Action (RCCA), 8D & 5-Whys Problem solving
• Prior experience with MS office tools (ppt, excel, project), statistical tools (JMP, Minitab etc.)
• Strong multi-tasking ability to manage a variety of projects with changing priority
• Demonstrated strong customer management and presentation skills
• Previous experience leading cross-functional projects
• Comfortable with travelling
• PhD in the following fields (but not limited to)- Materials Science & Eng, Ceramics Eng, Chemical Eng, and Chemistry
More About Us ....
Our work is everywhere you look - even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.