Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Responsible for providing Product support to the North American Commercial Vehicle business within Axalta Coating Systems. Areas of responsibility include:
- Product planning activities include:
- Working with other product and brand managers to update product plans. Key elements of the product plan will include outlining business drivers, product positioning (attributes, cost, pricing, and margin) across segments, competitive benchmarking, and designing product lifecycle roadmaps.
- Product development and product launch coordination activities include:
- Working closely with both R&D, the business and sales to develop the key customer attributes that will differentiate product(s) from competitors.
- Defining testing protocols as outlined per customer specifications for approvals.
- Defining cost targets for the product(s), building financial models to justify new product opportunities, and working with the business to define program priorities and project timelines.
- Driving product development projects through weekly/monthly meetings with R&D and the application technician at Mt Clemens.
- This work will include leading new product launches and product upgrades, and interfacing with Sales, R&D, Supply Chain, and Operations (e.g., Front Royal).
- Responsibilities also include drafting product set-up documentation (e.g., Product Technical Data Sheets and Marketing launch packages).
- Technical support and trouble-shooting field complaints for business segments activities include:
- Managing customer technical inquiries and complaints.
- Working with the R&D organization to develop rapid response problem solving as needed for more involved customer problems.
- Travel to customer locations to problem solve, discuss potential product upgrades/renewal options to enhance Axalta value.
- Product lifecycle management activities include:
- Development of product renewal strategies.
- Elimination of unprofitable stock keeping units (SKUs).
- Looking for product formulation upgrades to reduce cost and maximize product profitability.
- Master’s or PhD preferred in Polymer Science or Organic Chemistry.
- 7+ years prior experience with coatings business, coatings technology and/or product management required.
- Knowledgeable in automated application techniques preferred.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate them into profitable product with differentiated attributes.
- Solid understanding of business acumen, financial tools and metrics is preferred.
- Strong IT, computer and data processing skills. Proficiency in MS Office is a must.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with team players and other functions as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with internal staff, business partners, external customers and key influencers. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and form actionable plans given target objectives.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time for customer visits, line trials and troubleshooting with Sales personnel and/or Application Specialist(s).
Please note that Axalta Coating Systems will not accept any candidate profiles sent unrequested and unsolicited by recruiting agencies. Axalta Coating Systems collaborates with preferred providers based on framework agreements and will not pay any fees to recruiting agencies without an agreement. Should Axalta Coating Systems receive a candidate profile form a recruiting agency with which there is no framework agreement, and should the respective candidate be considered or hire, this will not entitle the recruiting agency to claim payment or fees.