**Sponsorship is not available for this position
Are you looking for a mid-senior level leadership role which allows you to be hands on, innovative, and relies on your technical expertise? Then you need to apply for our Product Engineering Manager position.
Our client is a becoming a fast-growing leader in custom material handling equipment. Their products are utilized for hundreds of different manufacturing applications. They service multiple markets including Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Medical and General Industries. Currently, their brand-new facilities employ approximately 35 people and stretch over 60,000 square feet. With their expanding business model, there is ample room for growth and opportunity.
Role of a Product Engineering Manager:
As part of the leadership team, a Product Engineering Manager will be responsible for strategic growth, increasing operational efficiency, as well as employee growth and development.
Job Responsibilities for Product Engineering Manager:
- Work directly with design engineers on product development on custom material handling solutions
- Organize and establish efficient processes within the design and engineering departments
- Provide innovative solutions to enhance production and reduce project’s cradle to grave time
- Successfully motivate, lead, and develop the engineering and design teams (6-7 direct reports)
- Conduct managerial tasks including employee reviews, training, documentation, incentives, and goal setting
- Willing to communicate with customers and potential leads identifying sales opportunities
- Ensure that customers are receiving world class customer experience from all NIS employees
- Collaborate with multiple departments to establish reliable quotes for custom products
- Conduct department meetings to ensure project delivery is on time, within budget, and meeting customer specifications
- Ability to be flexible and assist in many different departments as needed
- Analytical skillset, ability to maximize productivity and reducing costs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This salary position includes a comprehensive benefit package including health care, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401k.
NOTE: This position has the potential of being promoted to a C level manager within 2 years.
Location: Wixom, MI
Requirements for the position:
- Knowledge of Solidworks, 2d and 3d software
- Experience with custom design, material handling a plus
- BA/BS in mechanical or design engineering or related field
- 8+ years of management/supervisor experience
About White Willow Staffing
Managed by a husband and wife team, we are focused on delivering a more personal service to our clients and candidates. We specialize in Robotics and Engineering positions across the US, Mexico, and Canada.