Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications Solutions Providers for businesses and government facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.5 Billion in revenue (zero debt) with 2,000 employees and is headquartered out of Quincy, MA. We have Regional offices located in West Palm Beach, Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Philadelphia and Rhode Island.
Our mission is to be the leading Telecommunications Company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $80 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
Granite was rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” for nine consecutive years in a row (2007-2015). Plus over the last four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) Granite has been awarded the Top Workplaces Award. With the astounded accomplishment of winning the EIS government bid in 2017, Granite is looking to pave a profound future for itself in not only the private sector, but also in the public sector.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position
Finance has an opening for a Product Financial Analyst to report to the Manager of Product Financial Analysis. The Product Financial Analyst position is designed to allow analysts the opportunity to pursue issues and projects that have a meaningful impact on Granite's bottom line. The analyst is expected to have relevant product knowledge and industry experience. The role necessitates an individual who can collaborate across departments and provide analytical insights and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct targeted analysis and financial reporting to inform decision makers and/or improve the bottom line.
- Identify growth opportunities and/or existing failures.
- Provide support and analysis on cost optimization initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal departments (Product Development, Provisioning, Billing, Accounting and Audit) to recommend process improvements.
- Transfer product knowledge to analysts in other roles of Finance.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis and initiatives.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Telecom Industry knowledge
- Strong technical skill set (Excel, PowerPivot, SQL)
- Proven problem solver
- Intellectual curiosity; demonstrate the ability to identify problem areas, pursue, and propose reliable solutions
- Strong communication, both verbal and written with all levels of the organization
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Undergrad degree in Management, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or related area
- Experience developing financial reports and schedules
- Data modeling