Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa -
Title: Product Lead, Sustainability (50836041)- 69336
As a Product Lead Sustainability for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group, located in either Des Moines, IA, Moline, IL or San Francisco, CA, you will set product strategy for sustainability- identifying opportunities for customers to unlock value from achieving their sustainability goals while aligning with Deere's technology and product strategy. In addition, you will:
- Work closely with Deere production system teams to bring a customer focus.
- Drivedelivery of alpha & beta prototypes - iterate as required to break through roadblocks in search of a product market fit. Determine the appropriate depth and breadth of pilot programs for new concepts. Ensure products fail rapidly or helps determine pathway for them to large-scale production.
- Work across multiple product and engineering teams: 1) working with existing product & adjacent product manager to extend existing work with quick wins where appropriate 2) providing direction to a lean engineering group supporting the effort to develop new concepts.
- Collaborate externally - work with 3rd parties in a partnership or supplier capacity to achieve leverage in bringing a holistic solution to the customer (e.g. environmental models, remote sensing, etc.).
- Work in concert alongside science, agronomy, project management, and BD functions to drive solutions forward.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position may be located in Des Moines, IA, Moline, IL or San Francisco, CAper the hiring manager's discretion.This may be dependent on the successful candidate's background, experience, and proficiency.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years in technology product management or similar roles
- Unrelenting focus on customer value
- Execution & delivery driven in environment with many stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial approach - willing to launch early prototypes, learn, and iterate
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills - able to distill complex problems into component parts and develop a path forward
- Product strategy development experience
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in agriculture or sustainability
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience working at the intersection of hardware and software technologies
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business, or other science-based field
- Master's degree preferred in a technical, business, economics, or agricultural field
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.