SMART is a leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of electronic subsystems to OEMs engaged in the computer, industrial, networking, telecommunications, aerospace and defense markets. Taking innovations from the design stage through manufacturing and supply, SMART Modular Technologies has developed a comprehensive product line that includes DRAM and Flash memory technologies across various form factors. SMART's presence in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America enables it to provide its customers with proven expertise in international logistics, asset management, and supply-chain management worldwide.
SMART Embedded Computing is a global leader in the design and manufacture of highly reliable embedded computing solutions. Our expertise enables OEMs in a wide range of industries to develop superior products quickly, cost effectively and with less risk.
The position reports to the Vice President of Product Management for Embedded Computing Products and is responsible for cradle to grave management of Vision Systems and Artificial Intelligence products. Oversees multiple Embedded Computing product lines such as bundled servers, edge servers and total solution bundles
Understands the target markets and establishes product roadmap and product strategies in line with the market needs. Creates Market Requirements Documents for new products and conducts voice-of-customer surveys. Identifies partner relationships. Conducts competitive research. Sets product pricing. Develops business cases for new products and obtains management approval to proceed with a new product development. Works closely with product engineering during the development process to make necessary feature trade-offs and ensure the product meets the market requirements. Works with Marketing Communications resources to develop product messaging, collateral, and promotional plans. Trains sales on new products. Manages products throughout their lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS): Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establishes product strategy and define product roadmaps
- Defines new product features and positioning in line with market requirements
- Defines needs for enabling product partners
- Establishes market-based pricing for new products
- Establishes business case for new products and obtain management approval
- Works with product engineering during the development process to ensure the product meets market requirements
- Develops product messaging and work with marcom to develop collateral and promotion plans
- Conducts sales training on new products
- Monitors product sales and profitability throughout the lifecycle vs. the business case and suggests course corrections as necessary
- Participates in trade organizations
- Customer focus
- Market understanding
- Specifying and managing product solutions for vision and AI analytics
- Partner ecosystem development
- Influencing others without direct authority
- Communication Skills (Written; Presentations)
- Drive for results; action-oriented
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is a manager of a function and does not have direct reports.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in an office setting, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers/scanners.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This is mainly a sedentary role; however, computer and office work is required. The computer work would require the ability to sit comfortably for long periods of time, typing/keyboarding skills, ability to focus on a computer screen; bend, stand, lift files, and open/close filing cabinet drawers. The travel requirements would require the ability to sit comfortably for extended periods of time (including for long international flights).
TRAVEL: Approximately 15-20% of the time, including internationally.
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree in business, finance or engineering from an accredited college or university in the U.S or a comparable foreign university
- 8 years of directly related experience working in a similar role in a high tech company
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- MBA preferred
- Experience with embedded computing products preferred
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job, and may change at any time with or without notice.
Interview process includes completing our employment application forms. All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check, and proof of legal status to work in the U.S. We utilize E-Verify.
SMART is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, creed, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.