Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for achallenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continuallystriving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmentalprotection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading NorthAmerican manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and causticsoda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such asplastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem productsinclude caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinatedisocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the topthree producers in the United States in 2017 for the principal products itmanufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturingfacilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create asupportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees areparamount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering verycompetitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career developmentopportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individualto fill the position of Product Managerwith our corporate headquarters located in Dallas,Texas.
- Function as focal point with key areas in support of the business and their strategies (i.e., sales, supply/demand chain planning, customer relations, sales administration, legal, technical service, and IT).
- Develop a strong working knowledge and understanding of business functions and manufacturing in the areas which impact profit and loss (i.e., production costs, transportation and logistics costs, etc).
- Evaluate and recommend improvements that would assist business management in meeting/exceeding current sales, profitability, and operational goals.
- Track and analyze monthly sales/price performance, assist in forecasting future performance, and report business conditions to senior business management.
- Assist in gathering, constructing, analyzing, and communicating marketplace dynamics and competitive intelligence efforts involving business, sales, strategy, pricing, manufacturing, competition, and technology.
- Recommend actions to defend and grow market volume and maximize earnings.
- Develop action plans for execution of product portfolio strategy.
- Work with Supply/Demand Chain Planning to evaluate order and shipping patterns, freight costs, inventory levels, equipment and terminal operations to maximize performance and profitability.
- Prepare for increased responsibility in marketing/sales management by active involvement in all areas of the business with the guidance of the Business Manager.
- Evaluate and resolve customer complaints on product quality, delivery, and service.
- BS/BA degree (Technical Degree or MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of prior experience in manufacturing, sales, marketing, product management, or supply chain.
- Strong negotiation and account management skills, including marketing strategies.
- Product knowledge and understanding of product applications in various industries.
- Ability to formulate and execute negotiation strategies for successful execution of final sales contracts.
- Motivated self-starter with high degree of initiative and persistence.
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple assignments on short notice, and deliver on deadlines.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Includes communicating and presenting to various audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status