Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large- scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Product Manager, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). The Product Manager oversees all aspects of the ART business as assigned and supports the Marketing Manager, ART and Assoc. Director of Marketing, with their basic function. This role will be interacting with varying levels of internal and external personnel and requires direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business, account and internal team focus is essential. The Product Manager’s work encompasses a broad range of activities required to plan, promote, and execute sound sales and marketing campaigns to achieve forecasted sales in the ART market. In addition, the Product Manager serves as the internal expert for the product lines and provides strategic guidance and direction for the positioning of Fujifilm Irvine Scientific’s products.
- Oversee all marketing activities for assigned product groups to assure that current and potential customers receive the highest quality products and the best possible service
- Recommend product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market feedback, process improvement and customer input
- Track and analyze product sales and trends, and make recommendations on path forward to grow business and meet business objectives
- Create, execute and track launch campaigns for new products
- Create materials for sales training and sales meetings
- Carry out assigned new product training; perform training for new staff, distributors, etc.
- Carry out new product launch activities in assigned product areas (e.g., forecasting, press releases, direct mail, sales force and distributor training and related activities)
- Gather competitive intelligence as assigned; implement tactics to build competitive barriers
- Implement assigned tactics for assigned product areas (e.g., direct mail, advertising, trade shows, and related activities)
- Manage supply, demand, revenue, margin, and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams
- Forecast product volume to be manufactured
- Facilitate the day to day management of business initiatives in the appropriate markets
- Provide product support via email, telephone and customer visits
- Formulate and recommend product pricing, including published price list, custom pricing, special customer pricing and distributor pricing
- Travel and represent Fujifilm Irvine Scientific at tradeshows and customer sites as required
- Promote and cultivate relationships with industry leaders and key customers through support activities, membership in appropriate organizations, and advisory board panels
- Analyze sales and profit performance of assigned product areas, assess effects of promotions, and provide reports to management; based on such analyses, recommend enhancements to promotional efforts
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of gross profit for the Product Lines
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation
- Develop new creative marketing programs, strategies and tactics to ensure that all sales channels are maximizing opportunities to position product lines to achieve business objectives
- Oversee development of new products, including market surveys, sales forecasting, and field test evaluations; interface with consultants on new products
- Maintain regular communication and contact with field sales personnel, professional organizations and customers to keep abreast of marketing trends and evaluate effectiveness of marketing business activities
- Maintain a current and complete understanding of the assigned markets and assess trends/dynamics of the segments to proactively position Fujifilm Irvine Scientific
- Conceive and develop marketing plan; ensure that plans are understood by the sales force and distributors to ensure successful implementation of programs
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, life sciences, or Marketing; MBA preferred
- Technical background and/or marketing experience appropriate to the specific needs of the product line
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a position in a marketing and sales environment
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience attending and working tradeshows
- CRM experience a plus
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.