About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Identify new sales opportunities with new and existing customers for assigned product(s).
- Improves profitability, product penetration, product mix, and inventory turns with all customers for assigned product(s).
- May be responsible for selling large volumes of assigned product to targeted accounts in geographical area.
- Ensures effective product performance and promotes good customer/supplier relations.
- Assists all customers with sales and technical support for assigned products. Also, responsible for resolving all customer service issues related to assigned product.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies for assigned product(s). Communicates value proposition to customers. Propose sales solutions to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary (may work individually or in conjunction with sales representatives).
- Provides product selection, product information, and pricing. Answers inventory and pricing questions for customers and sales.
- 5-7+ years experience with BS / BA or equivalent industry experience preferred.
Working knowledge of assigned product line, customer support/service, market analysis, sales forecasting, products, pricing, and inventory management. Possesses well developed consultative selling skills, negotiation and communication skills. Negotiates prices, provides market updates, prospects, evaluating current and potential sales. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.