Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. Were working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own termsand were looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.Job Description
From the inside, all of Squares product services are organized into business units with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, theres a connected platform team that supports the network. We are that platform. Through various API technologies, we collect live data from across Squares ecosystem and centralize it into a single-pane-of-glass view. On top of this centralization, we offer a suite of tools that power risk, compliance, customer success, and all other operational teams across the entire company. We enable product and engineering across the company to visualize how they connect into the bigger picture of Square and build solutions on the platform to optimize their operational responsibilities.
As a product manager, you will own the future of one or more products on our platform. This involves the full life-cycle from strategy to development through launching across different teams. In this role, you will collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists, analysts, designers, and cross-functional operations and external teams to ensure that our solutions are scalable and reusable.
- Help shape the strategy for the platform
- Perform user research to understand operational workflows, customer needs, and existing solutions and experiences
- Define, document, and communicate goals, requirements and constraints for product programs and releases
- Work with the engineering managers to prioritize a roadmap and champion requests from partners with strategic priorities in mind
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to iterate on the products and deliver achievable results
- Manage the roll-out of features to different customer groups
- Set and analyze metrics for the products to guide direction and measure success for the platform
- 5 year(s) of product management experience
- A strong technical background
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and an ability to navigate ambiguity and balance competing demands
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful platforms with cross functional partners
- Payments, Risk, Compliance, Operations or Workflow Management experience
- Developed and iterated on enterprise products.
- 4 years of experience managing diverse projects and contributing to product vision
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources