One of the best things about spending time outdoors are the stories waiting to be told. Gander Outdoors, part of the Camping World family of brands, is the leading outdoor retailer that operates in local communities and online to serve all our customers, no matter where they live. We are outdoor enthusiasts who provide regionally- and seasonally-relevant products priced competitively to fit your family's outdoor needs.
With local stores across the nation and a website that helps you get the gear you need when you need it, we invite you to go write your story. Who knows? Maybe a new career is the perfect next chapter.
Gander Outdoors is currently hiring a Product Manager -- Powersport, Bikes & Bike Accessories to be based in our Lakeville, MN corporate office. The Product Manager -- Powersport, Bikes & Bike Accessories creates strategy and vision that drives a specific category of business, develops promotional strategies, and maximizes category success.
* Drive strategy and vision cross-functionally with the merchandising, planning, allocation, and replenishment teams.
* Leverage creativity and problem-solving skills to develop business strategies that deliver profitable sales.
* Manage sales and margin dollar performance against plan
* Drive results by evaluating financial and business indicators and translating data into actionable information.
* Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking while developing profitable product assortments.
* Seek out and maximize new business opportunities and identify trends and risks.
* Utilize all available channels to assure proactive communication with the Stores and Base Camp Teams.
* Creatively plan highly localized and profitable product assortments and vendor relations.
* Mentor, coach, and develop a team of Merchandise Specialists and Business Analysts. Ensure team is accomplishing objectives and reacting to changing business trends as necessary.
* Serve as a liaison with the Marketing department to determine appropriate promotions.
* BA/BS in Merchandising, Business or Finance.
* 5 years of experience in merchandising.
* 5 years in product management; or an equivalent combination or education or experience.
* Proven ability to analyze and improve processes, measure results, and achieve financial goals.
* Proven ability to present strategy and business goals to senior leaders of the organization.
* Strong analytical and financial skills along with proven negation skills
* Entrepreneurial minded, creative, free thinker with a strong comfort for taking measurable risks
* Demonstrated organizing and prioritizing skills, attention to detail, and initiative in completing tasks.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely and interact effectively at all levels and across the organization.
* Experience in assessing customers, markets, and industry trends.
* Proven team leader with experience in areas of mentoring, coaching, and employee development.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled