As a Product Manager you'll be responsible for charting out future solutions and features across multiple platforms and devices. You'll leverage a combination of strong data analysis, stakeholder inputs, and industry instinct to identify and develop new opportunities designed to positively engage readers and grow top-line revenue. To do this, you will work cross functionally within product and alongside editorial, technology, data and other stakeholders.
Day to day responsibilities will involve capturing requirements of many teams to write user stories, product requirement documents and tracking tickets. You will work closely with engineering, project management and design, overseeing an agile development process to keep stakeholders informed, continually test and iteratively release work to optimize our engagement and revenue KPIs.
This position will work out of our Chicago, IL headquarters.
- Own, pace, and continuously develop the product roadmap priorities
- Identify and flag risks early, working proactively to remove blockers for the team
- Advocate for the reader experience
- Deeply understand business needs, identifying opportunities that align with growth objectives
- Be the authority on the evolving market and competitive landscape and opportunities to innovate
- Be informed by data to guide decisions
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into testable product requirements
- Utilize A/B testing tools to optimize performance and revenue opportunities
- Measure and communicate the performance of each feature launched, and help set KPI metrics for the teams
- Lead investigations when growth related metrics slow
- 3-5 years product management experience
- Demonstrated history of strong customer focus, purposeful innovation, and solving big problems
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Meaningful experience with A/B testing and performance analysis
- Proficiency with usability testing and user testing, prototyping, and persona-based design development