Working for Douglas Dynamics is more than just a job - it's a fulfilling and rewarding career at a company that has been voted one of the "Top Workplaces" in southeastern Wisconsin for eleven straight years!
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE: Be the product, vehicle and market expert in the Compact Equipment and Utility Vehicle attachment segments. Manage OEM and vertical market business partnerships and product lines. Build relationships to develop innovative solutions that provide a competitive advantage and are positioned to win the segment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and identify opportunities to secure new businesses, increase depth with current partnerships, optimize profit and increase revenues within the defined product and market segment.
- Understand and develop plans for complex products, pricing and multi-channel sales strategies.
- Own and manage the product line strategy and maintain product roadmap for OEM, Allied and Aftermarket Sales customer bases.
- Analyze markets and channel partners to obtain latest trends, customer needs, competitor’s position and depth of customer base to formulate product marketing strategies.
- Initiate business case development by establishing customer need, market opportunity and product positioning.
- Lead and manage the product development process, act as the Voice of the Customer.
- Strong financial acumen, own pricing, drive revenue growth, measure and achieve margin and profitability targets.
- Participate in product development programs and tollgate processes from concept evaluation through design, development, launch and maintenance.
- Support product launches, contributing to the development of feature and benefit content, product positioning and sales, promotion and communication material development.
- Support multiple sales channels with product support, training and dealer development resources.
- Manage OEM engagements to design strategies and products to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Identify new vehicle applications and markets to widen market base for enhanced revenue and profit generation.
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop product specifications meeting customer requirements.
- Represent company at trade association meetings and training events to promote product.
- Provide input on market trends to help direct product research and development.
- Keep work area (tools, material and equipment) clean and orderly.
- Participate when feasible with cross functional teams formed to create continuous improvement efforts in systems and procedures.
- Follow Company safety rules; maintain safe work area and equipment. Promptly report or resolve any unsafe condition.
- Follow Company policies and procedures regarding work and conduct.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Employee must have an unrestricted license to drive an automobile, and able to travel using all modes of transportation, including air travel.
Willingness to travel overnight 15%-20% of the time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required with emphasis on Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred. Five to ten years related experience and/or training in product marketing, product development and/or channel marketing required. Experience within the compact equipment and/or utility vehicle market segments preferred. Master’s degree preferred.