Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. Were working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own termsand were looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Product Manager on the Merchant Risk Experience team, you are an advocate for your customer. You will become a domain expert in Credit Risk and build empathy and understanding for your customer and their business. You will set the vision, roadmap, and goals for your product and ensure your team hits them.You understand your customers needs and create their Jobs To Be Done, which flows into the mission statement of your product and subsequently the requirements of how your product and sprint team can bring system, process, and product improvements to fulfill them. You will establish the multi-year product strategy for Squares Credit Risk team and guide product plans from creation through detailed execution. You build consensus by working with your sprint team, which includes engineers, program managers, data scientists, analysts, designers, copywriters, marketers, operations/policy managers, and by influencing leaders across Square whose products lines and customers are facing financial risks. You ensure that the services, products, and features your team builds achieve maximum impact to Square and to your customer.
- Develop a vision and multi-year strategy for the Credit Risk product at Square in partnership with Engineering, Design, Analytics, Policy, and Operations functions and partner teams across the company.
- Bring remarkable products and features that ensure optimal experiences for merchants while protecting Square against financial loss because of Credit Risk.
- Guide the Credit Risk product road-map and lead your sprint team in working on timelines within target range.
- Represent your team, your teams goals, and your teams strategy to meet those goals with cross-functional stakeholders, Risk leadership, and senior company leaders.
- Think as a platform: support other sprint teams across Square in their efforts to achieve their goals by understanding their goals and using them to inform your strategy.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- Experience building consensus with diverse partners.
- Vision: Youve formed, gained and supported essential strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: Youre excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale.
- You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision-making.
- Youre able to navigate obstacles, and jump in wherever needed.
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Developed industry-leading products that have solved complex problems for their customers.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources