Accountable for the overall product management of distinct software/service products which includes analysis, quantitative analysis, product strategy and product planning. Is ultimately responsible for the overall success of specific products and in assuring a market driven focus for product management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies competitive offerings, understands and communicates their niche, approach and success in the market.Assesses product capabilities and communicates requirements.
- Gathers input to define product concepts; justified expenditures for products; articulates and analyzes markets; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
- Leads cross functional teams to envision new product features.
- Coordinates with outside vendors and strategic partners to ensure that initiatives are well defined and delivered.
- Manages all internal and external resources to ensure that approved products get to market per specifications, within budget and on schedule.
- Gains cross-company approval for new products and successfully launches those products.