At Delta Dental of Washington, we believe that the integration of oral health care with medical, behavioral, and social determinants of health is integral to improving the overall health of the population. As the Product Manager for Health Transformation you are an entrepreneurial product leader with a user-centric mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo. You will lead the charge in developing products across a range of innovative strategies seeking to substantially impact oral and overall health.
You will be the product lead for a team implementing a groundbreaking dental provider network capable of participating in medical-dental, integrated care arrangements. You’ll research & test potential value propositions in the market, coordinate the development of tools needed to support dental practice migration to integrated capabilities, and develop new business models to sustain activities shown to impact health.
The work will range from engaging and supporting dental practices in new approaches, to developing and testing solution hypotheses, to navigating health system complexities and value-based care and financing arrangements. Candidates may have varied backgrounds, but will need to be curious, have an appetite for learning and be flexible–wearing many hats and utilizing a human-centered approach. Ideally, they will understand the mechanics of health plans and how they can affect behaviors.
As an innovative leader promoting oral and overall health, Delta Dental of Washington fosters a patient-focused culture that is grounded in our core values – One Team, Pioneering, Integrity, Ownership and Invested.
- Establish an internal framework for recognizing business opportunities associated with Health Transformation strategies in an evolving industry
- Drive the product development process and collaborate with internal (DDWA) stakeholders across sales, marketing, legal, finance, operations and executive management
- Lay the groundwork to support the business case, creating prototypes and capturing data to measure results, and leaving no stones unturned in the discovery phase while remaining curious throughout the business development process.
- Identify and report on market opportunities based on a deep understanding of medical-dental integration, value-based care and financing models, customer/patient insights
- Take the conceptual down to the concrete and always having the business model in mind. Translate the vision to all levels of the organization
- As a patient and provider advocate, design and build experiences that satisfactorily address their needs
- Be responsible for assessing emerging trends, competitor experience, technologies, and potential partnerships that allow us to deliver innovative solutions
- Influence and motivate internal and external partners to secure buy-in and maintain forward progress, maintaining active communication with key stakeholders from executive leadership to internal teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of product management, business design, business development, or a combination of equivalent experience (e.g. alternative but applicable business backgrounds)
- 4+ years of experience in health care systems, health plans, or equivalent
- Bachelor degree required, MBA in a health care field, or MHA, or equivalent experience a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity, transitioning between big picture, strategic thinking and tactical, day-to-day planning and execution
- Experience bringing products or programs to market, creating product roadmaps
- Experience working with data/analytics
- Ability to execute and learn quickly while navigating a complex and regulated field
- Responsive, fast-paced decision-making skills with the ability to drive business results
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with financial modeling to support business case
- Strong interest and knowledge in emerging technologies a plus
- This is a non-technical role
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL OF WASHINGTON AND WASHINGTON DENTAL SERVICE
Washington Dental Service (WDS) is a mission-driven enterprise that encompasses Delta Dental of Washington (DDWA), Arcora Foundation, and additional investments and holdings. As WDS deepens and accelerates focus on making a significant and lasting impact on oral health as measured by a set of “mission metrics”, the opportunity exists to invest in new transformational strategies that will dramatically move the needle on oral health. We believe that the integration of oral health care with medical, behavioral, and social determinants of health is integral to improving the overall health of the population.
TEAM STRUCTURE AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position reports to the Executive Director of Health Transformation and has no staff supervisory responsibilities, but will hire and manage engaged contractors as required.
Delta Dental of Washington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance