Product Manager -- Components
Omron Automation and Safety is looking for an energetic and focused Product Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL. This position will be responsible for developing, leading, coordinating, and ensuring implementation of the commercial strategy for the Components product line which leads to rapid market share gain and sales growth.
* Develop and execute on an annual marketing/deliverables plan.
* Develop revenue growth for the responsible product portfolio.
* Forecast annual product sales and profit plan by product segments.
* Development of product launch collateral, competitive analysis, product positioning, product applications collateral, selling strategies, and sales presentations.
* Develop and implement sales promotional programs and focused product contents incentives.
* Establish product strategies to optimize sales performance of existing and new products.
* Identify product gaps.
* Work with supply chain management to optimize inventory control levels based upon strategic content.
* Support sales team to close and promote new business opportunities with product and industry expertise.
* Provide a commitment to internal & external customer service.
* Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner
* Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
* Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Business, Engineering, or related field from a four year college or technical school.
* Minimum of three (3) years' experience in product marketing in automation or related industry is highly preferred.
* Marketing or technical experience with some or all of the following products: Components (Sensors, Power Supplies, Relays and Switches), Servo Motion, Robotics, Inverters (Industrial Controllers (PLC, PAC, MAC), Vision, and/or Safety (Controllers, Components)
* Experience with positioning and marketing products into target industries within the automation marketplace.
* Experience working with E-Commerce partners is preferred.
* Experience with business intelligence tools/data analysis such as Cognos is preferred.
* Excellent presentation skills and business acumen in front of customers and distributors.
* Proficient in current Microsoft Office and Adobe tools. Experience with Lotus Notes and Salesforce.com is a plus.
* Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter.
* Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
* Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills.
* Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
* Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral).
* Ability to travel 25% both nationally and internationally.
*******2014-2018 National Best and Brightest Company to Work For!
*******2013-2018 Winner for one of the 75 Best Places to Work in Illinois!
*******2011-2018 Winner for one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago!
Omron Automation - Americas is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation products focused on sensing and control technologies. We serve OEM machine builders and end users with a wide range of products that integrate easily into complete automation solutions, offer simple connectivity, and are backed by solid support services. Our extensive product groups which are primarily manufactured overseas include programmable controllers, robotics, servo motors and drives, operator interfaces, temperature controllers, sensors, inspection and machine vision systems, RFID track and trace systems, safety devices, and software.
Omron Automation -- Americas, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, is the Americas industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, an $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success. Led by a management team where each member has 20+ years of experience in Industrial Automation, we are a midsize firm with a corporate culture of challenge, ethics and innovation. As we strive to grow the company and our market share, this position offers the potential to make a solid impact on the organization.
Omron's corporate core value of "working for the benefit of society" applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, Omron has demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Founders Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe
Our Commitment to Employees:
* Company Culture defined as a fast paced, multi-tasking, team focused empowerment of employees, creative, innovative and open communication type organization.
* Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
* Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
* Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
* Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
* Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
Omron Automation- Americas is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled