At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Product Manager is responsible for the delivery of new features, functionality, and products that create compelling value to our customers and drive meaningful growth for the company and our customers. You will act as a key innovator, contributor, and facilitator in the ultimate success of your assigned product. You will work closely with user experience and development in building new products and enhancing them post-launch.
The Delta Dental product team uses agile and user experience-driven development practices with co-located scrum teams. This position will require frequent interaction with a cross-functional set of business stakeholders, require strong communication and facilitation skills, excellent organization skills and will be the 'the voice of the customer' regarding detailed software requirements.
The Product Manager will report to one of our Product Directors and will work as a peer to an extended Product Management team and community of practice.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead a team of talented staff and development partners to deliver the strategy in the context of Agile SDLC
- Build and continuously refine the Salesforce platform roadmap in close collaboration with stakeholders and the internal CRM development team
- Deeply understand customers, technology, and competition, and synthesize into product strategy
- Develop and communicate product priorities across the company by collaboration and building consensus
- Work closely with design in crafting simple, elegant, impactful experiences
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Integrate user research studies, analytics, and market analysis into product requirements
- Participate in standups, retrospectives, design reviews, user research, and demos
- Groom and prioritize the backlog
- Drive the overall vision and success across the scrum team
- Serve as an ambassador for our product team, driving strategic thinking around our product
What we look for:
- Identify new Salesforce platform features and capabilities that support the roadmap and work with the various stakeholders to identify if/ when they should be introduced
- Lead business prioritization and issue review sessions; Communicate details of fixes, enhancements, and new capabilities on the platform including timelines to relevant internal business audiences
- Create and maintain operational and functional metrics; maintain financial business case and ROI
- Ability to effectively and actively communicate with both business and technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated a willingness to drive projects to closure
- Strong deductive reasoning and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced & dynamic environment under tight timelines, while adaptive to change
- High comfort level interacting with colleagues and with various levels of client organizations
- Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively addresses customer needs
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and adhere to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures
- 3+ years of experience in a product management function
- Experience working in the health care industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience, master’s degree preferred.
- Experience and/or accreditation in Scaled Agile a plus
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off