At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Responsible for directing and overseeing all stages of the product life cycle, which include product strategy, product development, and product marketing. Assigned products may require development as new products or enhancement for existing products.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for shepherding desired business outcomes from concept through technology delivery by shaping both business and technical requirements, understanding competitive information, and translating to roadmaps and deliverables.
- Drives portfolio strategy and the development and implementation of technology across different Operations, Growth, and Technology stakeholders.
- Deeply understands customers, technology, and competition, and synthesizes into the operational product roadmaps driving business outcomes through technology enablement and innovation.
- Develops and communicates product priorities across the company by collaboration and building consensus.
- Works closely with technology, and business stakeholders to craft simple, elegant, impactful experiences.
- Creates and maintains operational and functional metrics; maintain financial business case and ROI.
- Integrates user research studies, analytics, and market analysis into product requirements.
- Participates in design reviews, user research, and demos.
- Grooms and prioritizes the backlog-- feature backlog.
- Serves as an ambassador for our product team, driving strategic thinking around our product.
- Leads the effort to identify and promote best practices within the product.
- Takes ownership of defining and managing technical debt within product roadmaps, business cases, and support backlogs.
- Represents the voice of the business when determining Sprint priorities for the teams.
- Partners with compliance to ensure compliance requirements are well articulated at the feature level.
- Identifies new features and capabilities that support the roadmap and work with the various stakeholders for validation of use cases.
- Partners with Product Director to prioritize Themes/Epics for feature and story creation.
- Creates workflows for the features to define scenarios and integration points.
- Manages and updates JIRA Dashboards to reflect accurate (point in time) KPIs.
- Conducts Scrum Ceremonies – PO Syncs & Sprint Retrospectives.
What we look for:
- Ability to effectively and actively communicate with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated a willingness to drive projects to closure.
- Strong deductive reasoning and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced & dynamic environment under tight timelines, while adaptive to change.
- High comfort level interacting with colleagues and with various levels of client organizations.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and adhere to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures.
- Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively addresses customer needs.
- 5+ years of experience in a product management function.
- Experience working in the health care industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology.
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience, master’s degree preferred.
- Experience and/or accreditation in Scaled Agile a plus.
- Require IT product management experience.
- Prefer people management experience.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance