Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager to work in our Southern California headquarters located in Irvine. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with a customer development and team-first focus. Karma is looking to recruit future leaders who can deliver individual work product with excellence in small teams.
- Play a critical leadership role in all inbound and outbound product activities. The expectation is exceptional communication skills across product, sales, marketing, corporate development, design, and engineering, including deck preparation, financial modeling, valuation analysis, due diligence, managing projects, internal/external product pipeline, and closing contracts.
- Identify new business opportunities by analyzing current and potential markets, evaluating strengths and weaknesses of opportunities, and forecasting projected business.
- Develop deep relationships with business unit leadership and work closely to support the execution of key strategic priorities for the different business units.
- Analyze the Electric and Commercial Vehicle automotive/mobility landscape to architect creative partnerships to plan and execute product plans and new corporate development opportunities.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines.
- Persuasive communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences.
- Support evaluation and execution of due diligence, develop business cases, build detailed financial models (DCF, comps, accretion / dilution), and work closely with internal leaders and external advisors.
- Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame the product strategy and drive alignment and execution on key initiatives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Top U.S. MBA Program.
- Execution is everything, so we expect a track record of past organizational skills to exceed expectations. The ideal candidates has a network, can develop a new network, and can develop thoughtful analysis and presentations for the Chief Strategy Officer to communicate with investors, shareholders, and the board of directors.
- This role will have global exposure across multiple cultures in Asia/Americas/Europe with media, partners, investors, and shareholders, so cultural flexibility is essential to satisfy all stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ability to develop deep trust-based relationships and influence different stakeholder groups directly and indirectly.
- 5 years of experience in Product Management from a Silicon Valley VC backed automotive startup and/or EV or luxury car experience.
- Excellent judgement, strategic thinking, research, and analytical capabilities.
- Strong financial modeling skills, as well as a sound understanding of strategy.
- Ability and willingness to adjust priorities on a daily basis based on the teams changing priorities.
- Outstanding MS Office skills, with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in gray areas, detail oriented, and start up can-do attitude towards big challenges.
- Able to juggle, multitask, and solve problems creatively and independently.
- Experienced at staying cool under pressure and completing tasks with minimal guidance and a supportive coaching attitude towards the entire team.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
No 3rd Parties. Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.