Identifies market trends, issues and competitive environment and forms strategic plans for product brand or sub-segment. Leads the effort to initiate new product strategies in the form of supporting existing brands and/or sub-segment and creating new products.
Evaluates the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis and initiates strategies that meet regional and worldwide requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the marketing development effort to bring new products from concept through commercialization including market exit
- Actively participates in assigned project teams. Acquires product information through market research and regional input to assure projects meet the needs of the intended markets
- Works across multiple internal and external groups such as design, packaging and labeling, regulatory claims, surgical technique generation, advertising, sales force education, etc
- Maintains high level of product category knowledge through staying current in published information, regional market contacts, surgeon interaction, and industry educational meetings
- Own major brands and/or sub-segment of the portfolio
- Responsible for cultivating strategy at the brand and/or sub-segment level
- Ensures execution of key strategies for the brand and/ or sub-segment level
- Interact closely with Marcom teams to define clear messaging for the brands/sub-segments
- Define clinical evidence plan with the clinical strategic lead for the bands and/or sub-segment
Expected Areas of Competence
- Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to formulate strategic and creative marketing plans.
- Develops a firm understanding of financial trends and performance in specific brand lines.
- Prepares forecasts and identifies market shifts and threats.
- Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers. Translates technical language and discusses it internally in business terms.
- Assesses brand viability relative to existing products with new product offerings to enhance overall brand offering. Champions the brand through a comprehensive understanding of customer and end-user needs and product positioning relative to the competition.
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with high level surgical consultants, key strategic customers and regional sales teams to promote and support the Zimmer Biomet brands
- B.A./B.S., preferably including formal studies in Business or Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years of marketing experience required, prior internship/co-op within medical device preferred
- Familiarity with Zimmer Biomet products, procedures, and promotions preferred
- Orthopaedic experience is preferred
- Experience in both Sales and Commercial Marketing is preferred
Up to 40%