The Product Manager for Graco’s High Performance Coating and Foam (HPCF) IoT group provides strategic and operational leadership to Graco’s IoT/SaaS strategy, with a strong focus on data analytics and insights, performance monitoring and remote connectivity.
The Product Manager will work closely with customers, business partners and subject matter leaders across Graco’s HPCF business group to understand both commercial and technical market requirements, define go-to-market strategies, develop related product portfolio and infrastructure as part of Graco’s product offerings in collaboration with cross functional teams. The connected products product manager owns the IoT product roadmap and software aligned with established strategy and business objectives.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. This position supports our Applied Fluids Technology Division (AFTD) in Minneapolis, MN. Products from AFTD are used to dispense high performance coatings and foams used in insulation and industrial coatings ( http://bit.ly/1tVXcFx ). This division also includes advanced fluid dispense systems used in alternative energy, automotive and packaging industries ( http://bit.ly/1ywIMe0 ). Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016, 2018, & 2019.
- Manages and provides leadership and direction for Graco’s IoT engineering team.
- Ability to create and IoT/SaaS vision and strategy and roadmap from the ground up that support Graco’s new and existing products in the field.
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand our customer’s problems, and find innovative solutions for the market.
- Must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering and product management counterparts to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Technology/Engineering, and Product Marketing) through market requirements, product specifications, and positioning
- Develops a product category strategy for Graco’s IoT development and remote monitoring business. Product category strategy includes specific, measureable goals such as percentage of market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth.
- Drives innovation-based three year product roadmap. Innovation examples include: concept ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, creating roadmap of new projects, facelifts to existing products, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven new product launches and cost reduction projects. Product roadmaps will cross product platforms and market segments.
- Provides general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing. Master’s degree desirable.
- 3+ years’ experience in IoT related product management position.
- Previous experience in managing and leading highly focused, fast moving technology team.
- Knowledge of SaaS Solutions, Secure Cloud Platforms, App Solutions Development and Deployment of wireless IoT technologies such as Bluetooth, ZigBee, GPRS Embedded Modules. Experience in AI: Machine Learning, context aware devices and data mining preferred
- Experience in IoT and Connectivity: BT, Wifi, Cellular, 5G, Security & Privacy and Cloud
- Prior work in marketing and product management with remote monitoring or communications systems and IoT based systems technology.
- Ability to extract product / solution needs and requirements through dialogue with customers.
- Ability to set a vision for a product and effectively communicate that vision to the organization.
- Have a solid understanding of product life cycle, product planning, and product development and implementation within the organization
- Thoroughly assesses and diagnoses problems by analyzing deeply and weighing alternatives to reach logical conclusions. Decision-making is balanced by need to gather information with need to make timely decisions.
- Prior successful experience with demonstrated global product life cycle results
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!