Product Manager, Logistics
- Job Category
- Supply Chain
- Fremont, California
- Req. ID
- Job Type
At Tesla we move raw materials, components, energy products, finished vehicles, and more. As we scale global operations and create new products, logistics will continue to be central to Tesla’s future. As a Product Manager on the logistics team, you will focus on accelerating the transformation of logistics, from Tesla and beyond.
• Conduct first principles analysis of logistics and supply chain processes, looking for ways to eliminate complexity, optimize performance, and simplify processes.
• structured thinking to business processes, leveraging technology to optimize and automate operations.
• Support analytical projects and data visualizations; demonstrate a data-driven approach to driving software development.
• Write product specifications and iterate with other PM’s, designers, engineers and other stakeholders; write development tickets, conduct user acceptance testing, define scenarios and contribute to release notes and broader communications.
• Work cross-functionally with manufacturing, sales, service, engineering, and other organizations to define feature plans and experiments; test and iterate to drive operational excellence.
• Conduct research and technical due diligence, identifying cutting edge technologies that can help Tesla scale.
• Define and develop testing plans, working alongside QA engineers to harden our software tools.
• Demonstrated excellence in STEM areas such as computer science, mathematics, physics, and statistics.
• Passion and expertise for different types of technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with technical team members is essential.
• Experience or capacity to build models, query data in SQL, and conduct rigorous quantitative analysis.
• Patient and thoughtful; able to perform under pressure and simultaneously manage multiple priorities.