Job Title: Product Manager, Marketing Patient Care
Location: San Diego, CA
Contract Term: 6+ Months
Weekly 40.00 Hours [Mon - Fri]
Product Manager, Marketing Patient Care
This position is in the Medication Management Solutions business and reports to the Marketing Director, Patient Care Unit Segment. This position drives Product Marketing for the Patient Care Unit segment and manages parts of the nursing product portfolio. Key responsibilities include managing future products based on customer needs, market trends, competitive analysis, business model, pricing and life-cycle management.
This position will collaborate closely with Enterprise Solutions software product managers, R&D, downstream marketing, global marketing teams and adjacent businesses.
· Become subject matter expert for patient care unit (nursing) segment – especially medication workflows.
· Bring market expertise and product leadership into product development teams.
· Develop a holistic multi-year product strategy for assigned products including robust segmenting, targeting, positioning and winning value propositions.
· Take ownership for market success of patient care unit products.
· Understand and prioritize customer needs – domestic and international.
· Lead innovation for patient care unit segment and select ideas based on customer and business criteria.
· Ensure products have strong fit within the complex overall ES solution.
· Align closely with ES software strategy and product releases.
· Create business cases and ROI analysis for product trade-off decisions.
· In collaboration with downstream marketing, prepare launch plans and execute successful market introduction.
· Manage the full product life-cycle including end-of-life and customer migration/upgrade strategy.
· Conduct market research projects as needed.
· Healthcare experience with a focus on the patient care unit / nursing.
· Understand medication management in key global markets (United States, China, Western Europe, Latin America, Canada, Middle East, ANZ, etc.).
· Creative and innovative thinking around customer problems and developing new solutions.
· Product management experience with hardware and/or software products in medical device field.
· Enterprise software experience a plus.
· Business and financial modeling (budgeting, pricing, forecasting, etc.).
· Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
· Collaborator with a track record of success in highly matrixed global organizations.
· 5-10 years’ experience in a healthcare, medical device and/or related industry experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing.
· MBA preferred.
· Fluency in a major European language or Mandarin a plus.