Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 14 locations in North America. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
Product Management Team:
It’s difficult to think of any department that is more in the heart of an organization than Product Management, and SWF is no exception. Product management at SWF is a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced department providing a vital bridge between the innovators and the marketplace. The role of product management spans many activities from strategic to tactical and those in the department regularly interact with nearly every other functional area within the organization. Seventeen product lines and growing ensures plenty of opportunity for cross-training and growth within the department.
Product Manager Mission:
Develop and execute the strategy to position our products to lead the market, driving profitable growth and share gain in all channels.
- Drive product line KPI’s including revenue, contribution margin, service (on-time shipments), quality (remakes), and inventory
- Own and enhance the portfolio plan to define how we win in the market place
- Identify gaps and opportunities through an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape including product and price benchmarking
- Identify and develop plans to address unmet consumer needs validated through consumer research
- Articulate product positioning and sources of differentiation by channel
- Actively eliminate unproductive sku’s
- Continuously improve day to day processes and product line performance in coordination with other functions
- Readily address customer and operational issues (service, quality, inventory, etc.)
- Proactively identify sales and margin improvement through analysis of pricing and cost trends
- Understand and follow business processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure successful product launches
- Follow New Product Development stage gate process
- Project manage cross functional teams
- Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve issues
- Ensures Accountability
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking
- Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient
- Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Position Specific Requirements (Education, Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Marketing, Business Administration or similar required.
- MBA in Marketing preferred.
- Four or more years marketing or sales experience with a consumer products company is required.
- Experience working with customized products is highly desired.
- Experience with the marketing and the sale of custom window products preferred, or comparative experience in similar industry.
- Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a product management role with products that are custom made based on the needs of each customer.