For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
Velo is the global digital banking brand of East West Bank, one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California. In 2019, Forbes ranked East West Bank as No. 8 in “Best Banks in America”. East West Bank has publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market for more than 20 years (NASDAQ: EWBC)
The Velo team is based in downtown Palo Alto, CA, a short walk from some of the best lunchtime and ice cream spots in the South Bay.
As our Product Manager (Velo Mobile App), you will play a key role across our product development process, from ideating the next disruptive product innovation to grinding it out to get your killer feature shipped. You will utilize your full range of product superpowers, getting into the weeds with our in-house design and engineering teams to both launch and drive growth across a range of digital banking and personal finance products.
You will join our small team of product managers in our Palo Alto office who together are reimagining the future of banking.
- Lead a complex product, collaborating with and synthesizing the needs of different teams (Product Management, Compliance, Central Operations, Engineering)
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something valuable for digital banking customers, both US based and those in select international markets
- We’re a small team so you won’t be asked to be the PM for just a button. Rather you’ll be asked to manage a wide range of products and features and need to prioritize like an animal
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership
- Contribute to high-level strategic data-oriented decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other PMs to continually raise our bar for quality
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, planning, build, test, release, and growth.
- Stay abreast of product trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Product management expertise (3+ years) in consumer facing products
- “Get it done” attitude with supporting street smarts
- Some financial industry expertise preferred (consumer banking or personal finance)
- Product strategy, roadmap, UX, feature definition and integration with 3rd parties experience. This includes new product launches, product extensions and ongoing product management.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer facing products that were commercially successful; ability to develop differentiated products that uniquely serve target customers
- Excellent communication skills. Can make a case that is impossible to refute or ignore, using data appropriately, when available, but also tapping into other factors to influence decision makers. Able to write concise copy that gets the job done. Spends time and energy trying to find the perfect words for key copy (button labels, nav, calls-to-action, etc.), not just words that will suffice.
- Passion for building disruptive digital products