Currax Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a specialty pharmaceuticals company focused on providing increased access to life-changing medications for patients and healthcare providers. We seek to improve patient health and quality of life through the acquisition and commercialization of medications, including Contrave®, Silenor®, Treximet®, ONZETRA® Xsail®, and a portfolio of generic medications.
At Currax, we take pride in our mission to serve patients, and we value authenticity and collaboration in our workplace. As we experience an exciting period of accelerated growth, our organization is rich with opportunities for our people to gain hands-on experience and fulfill career aspirations while making a direct impact on the lives of patients we serve.
About the Role
The Product Manager role will provide significant experience and skill development for the motivated candidate seeking to progress within the specialty pharmaceutical space. The Product Manager will be a member of a team responsible for the development and execution of strategies and tactics to support the portfolio of Currax branded pharmaceuticals.
The Product Manager will be responsible for supporting brand execution and tactical planning. This person will support product marketing efforts including the development of annual marketing plans, agency oversight, and budget management. As a brand owner, the role requires an ownership mindset, customer focus and the ability to build effective working relationships with Field Sales, KOLs, physicians, and other internal groups to assist in guiding marketing and execution. Examples of initiatives may include sales promotional tools, digital assets, training materials, and medical meeting presence.
This position requires collaboration with members of Sales, Sales Training, Sales Operations, Finance, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Regulatory, and Legal.
Key elements of the position include balancing multiple projects across teams, interacting with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and providing marketing support to the field sales team.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills. This position reports to the Head of HCP Marketing.
- Contribute to the development of all aspects of HCP focused marketing and create promotional materials and programs to support the brands.
- Engage with Sales Force to inform the executional strategy.
- Manage sales promotional literature inventory and ensure appropriate resource allocation to field force
- Partner with internal and external specialty pharmacy stakeholders to support Currax Pharmaceuticals’ medication access programs.
- Collaborate with peers to execute market research activities, monitor and evaluate competitive products and marketplace dynamics.
- Manage investments and resources appropriately, within budget and specified timelines.
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional brand team, partnering with others in Commercial, Medical Affairs and other functions.
- Partner with agencies to develop HCP and consumer strategies and deliver tactics.
- Coordinate various aspects of key conferences, work closely with and manage outside suppliers to develop and execute peer to peer promotional programs.
- Review product and competitor data and activities to ensure that the field force is kept up to date on new developments regarding the companies or competitors’ products.
- Collaborate with the Managed Care team to identify and pull through specific Managed Care opportunities.
- Act as a close liaison with the Field Sales Force and Sales Training department to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and to ensure it is being used optimally.
Required Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desirable
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical Sales or Marketing
- Experience within CNS, Weight Loss, or Pain therapeutic area is highly preferred. (Experience selling or marketing CII products is a plus)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Creative and innovative with strong conceptual skills, while also possessing analytical problem solving skills; ability to leverage market research and clinical data to develop marketing strategies
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals, HCP strategy, tactical plan development, marketing research, advertising, sales and promotion
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, show attention to detail and follow-through to completion
- Proactive, results-oriented, hard-working, self-starter motivated by a challenging task
- Employ excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with all levels of personnel and management to facilitate information flow and decision making
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with appropriate consultation from supervisors
- Ability to effectively use the Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Understands data needs to drive business decisions and has a solid understanding of industry data sources and methods for obtaining non-conventional data
- Establishes tracking mechanisms, interprets, assesses and communicates market data (TRx's/dollars, physician and patient trends, competitive landscape) and prepares situational analyses to be presented to senior management
- Role will involve significant travel (20- 30% of time) to medical meetings, advocacy events, sales meetings, Sales Field Rides market research, etc.
Currax is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and families and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Available benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off and holidays, and other benefits to support your physical, financial, and social well-being.
Currax is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based upon age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin, political activities or affiliation, race, sex, gender, gender identity and gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by law. Read our full EEO statement at http://www.curraxpharma.com/careers/eeo-statement/