MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal making our customers successful.
Summary:Responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, and marketing and support to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met. Ensure that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals. This role manages, leads and motivates a team.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Driving a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
- Defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Defining product positioning and articulating information to the sales team
- Being an expert with respect to the competition
- Directing the requirements team and collaborating with development to ensure that solutions are efficient, consistent and fulfill business needs
- Participating in design and design review
- Participating in requirements review
- Developing sprint plan proposals and presenting to management for approval
- Developing the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Developing and documenting high level product requirements for new products or features and market analysis in order to carry out competitive analysis ensuring competitiveness of company product offerings
- Performing product demos to customers
- Briefing and training the sales force at sales meetings
- Working with others to develop alternative system and software designs
- Acting as a leader within the company and group
- Manages and leads a team of employees; Identifies team goals and assesses progress and performance; Motivates team members
- Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft products including MS Office suite of products.
- Familiarity with software development environments like C# or Visual Basic .NET is beneficial
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Excellent design judgment what makes software great and why
- Ability to manage and lead a team of employees having established goals, providing performance feedback and fostering teamwork
Education: Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years experience as Pre-Construction BIM Manager in the AEC industry
- 6+ years experience managing people
- 3+ years experience with Software Product Management (Requirements elicitation, New product development, Project Management, Product Ownership)
- Bonus: Experience with Outcome Driven Innovation / Jobs To Be Done
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.