Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration application. With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
Mitel is seeking a highly motivated and skilled candidate to assume the role of Product Manager – Professional Services to join our team!. This role combines a wide-scope of product management areas including strategic, operational, technical, commercial and customer facing responsibilities across Mitel’s Professional Services portfolio. As the Professional Services Product Manager, the candidate is responsible for full life cycle management of relevant service offerings including product requirements & evolution, functioning as the company-wide management expert, and generally supporting all product management aspects to ensure the successful definition and launch of professional services.
The product manager role acts as a focal point to align Sales and Marketing, Delivery Leadership, Product Design, IT, and supporting engineering groups as well as other functions for the entire professional services life cycle; from strategic planning to tactical project and customer facing activities.
- Supports all lifecycle aspects of service development of Mitel’s Professional Services from business case to customer targeting and product positioning.
- Engages with lead and strategic customers, partners and internal stakeholders as well as completing needs analysis and defining strategic directions as it pertains to Professional Services portfolio development.
- Defines Professional Service product definition and delivery roadmap based on market evolution, competitive positioning and specific customer requirements. Where relevant, develops product cost targets, forecasts, and pricing.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of the competitive landscape including new players, acquisition activities, new product and service launches, etc;
- Understands current Professional Services offerings within Mitel’s Professional Services portfolio, replicating/enhancing best of breed offerings while identifying evolution path for other offers.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive program roadmap with deliverables, milestones and associated timeframes.
- Communicates requirements and product evolution plans to services delivery leadership, cross portfolio product managers, development primes, support organizations, marketing teams and other stakeholders, as required. Drives interlock with Professional Services stakeholders to ensure service delivery readiness and field enablement.
- Manages key customer engagements and customer presentations with Sales and Marketing. Creates program documentation in accordance with relevant standards and guidelines and posts to shared databases as appropriate.
- Generates and manages vendor/3rd party relationships as necessary
- Coordinates and drive product / service roll outs, upgrades, and promotional activities with sales, marketing, and other functional areas
- Supports sales, marketing, customer service, legal and other stakeholders with product information and training, as required.
- Ability to solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways
- Self-starter and proven ability to work in a dynamic and growing environment
- Strong business and financial acumen with attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a dynamic matrixed organization.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or another related field. MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years product management experience. Relevant experience in product and service roles.
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills, with emphasis on clarity and simplicity
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects and bring them to completion with minimal oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.