Identifies market trends, issues and competitive environment and forms strategic sales training and education plans for product brand or sub-segment. Leads the effort to initiate new program strategies in the form of training content, training and education events, continued education, and technical validation program.
Evaluates the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis and initiates strategies that meet regional and worldwide requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the sales training development effort to train the global sales force and technical support team on the safe and effective use of new products
- Actively participates in assigned project teams. Acquires training information through market research and regional input to assure training meet the needs of the intended sales and support teams
- Works across multiple internal and external groups such as commercial sales teams, sales representatives, country product managers, and global technical support teams.
- Maintains high level of product category knowledge through staying current in published information, regional market contacts, surgeon interaction, and industry educational meetings
- Own major brands and/or sub-segment of the portfolio
- Responsible for cultivating strategy at the product and program level
- Ensures execution of key sales and support strategies for the product and program level
- Interact closely with Marcom teams to define clear messaging for the brands/sub-segments
- Define clinical evidence plan with the clinical strategic lead for the bands and/or sub-segment.
Expected Areas of Competence
Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to formulate strategic and creative training plans.
Prepares Training content for all global regions
Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers. Translates technical language and discusses it internally in business terms.
Assesses existing training programs to ensure consistency in the training support process. Builds and maintains long-term relationships with high level surgical consultants, key strategic customers and regional sales teams to promote and support the Zimmer brands.
B.A./B.S., preferably including formal studies in Business or Engineering
Minimum five (5) years of marketing, sales or sales training experience required, prior internship/co-op within medical device preferred.
Familiarity with Zimmer Biomet products, procedures, and promotions preferred
Orthopaedic experience is preferred.
up to 40%