TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is developing advanced communication systems for use in various military and commercial applications.
Position: Product Manager
Job Function: This position is responsible to expand the market reach of TrellisWare's tactical MANET software. This position is responsible for leading collaboration with partner companies' products that host TrellisWare's tactical MANET products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Software Product Planning & Marketing
- Synthesize and organize the software product features and enhancements into a coherent software product roadmap based on strategic product positioning and rigorous business and technical analysis
- Support internal business development team and partner companies in jointly marketing products and technologies to potential customers and markets
- Perform budget and schedule estimate for software porting
Software Product Realization
- Perform release planning to realize the software product roadmap on partner products.
- Capture software product requirements in Market Requirement Documents
- Drive software sprint planning and CCB process
- Provide prioritization on competing software developments
- Participate in technical meetings and design reviews
- Supporting program managers and project engineers to ensure smooth execution of software product development
Software Product Lifecycle Management
- Managing cadence of software releases to partner products
- Manage backward and forward compatibility of software releases to partner products
- Ensure software quality via proper testing planning and change control management
- Interface with external and internal customers in support of software products
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field of study required. Master's degree or higher preferred
- Past product management, product system engineering, waveform development, embedded software development or technical management experience
- Strong product development background in wireless communication hardware or software is a must
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong understanding of embedded software development for:
- Tactical Software Defined Radios (SDR) architectures,
- Evaluating technical and business tradeoffs,
- Software management (e.g. processes for software configuration management, software verification, etc.), and
- Execution/program management (e.g. Agile processes), requirement management and risk management
- Good technical understanding of wireless communication technologies, including PHY, MAC, and networking layer technologies
- Ability to understand the TSM waveform (or similar MANET waveforms) is a strong advantage in this position
- Understand and develop business models for software/waveform products
- Critical thinker who is capable of both strategic and tactical thinking
- Strong presentation and verbal/written communication skills capable of explaining complex technical information to technical AND non-technical audiences
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to collect and synthesize information from domain experts, including external customers and internal experts
- Ability to build personal and professional bridges across various organizations and to lead without authority
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
Many of TrellisWare's positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.