Position: Product Manager
Location: San Francisco, Salt Lake City or Remote
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building inclusive culture that is representative of communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank is looking for a motivated, talented and innovative Product Manager who is passionate about driving emerging technology throughout the Federal Reserve with the National Integration Services (NIS) team. This group is part of the Information Technology Services Group of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, which has partnered with National IT to operate on their behalf.
To be successful in this role, you are passionate about product. You also have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be a strong leader who has experience managing products as well as complex projects to completion. You can run a product as a business to ensure product launches are delivered on-time and within budget, adhere to quality standards, and meet customer expectations and business needs. This position requires business acumen with technical savvy and a proven ability to work well in a highly dynamic environment while maintaining strong relationships with customers and partners.
This role will focus on product management for across the product portfolio and assist in the maturation of existing products and the launch of new products. The product manager will have the opportunity to work directly with critical payment offices, varied lines of business, as well as key cross-functional partners within National IT. Product manager is a leadership position that involves management of multiple system efforts, customer relationship management, organizational alignment, business improvement, product marketing and support of emerging product development.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Runs a product or products as a business maintaining viability within the total cost of ownership.
- Manages the entire product life cycle of detailed plans and develops and delegates product tasks to meet key performance indicators.
- Responsible for strategic product development and backlog, tools and platforms, cross-functional communication, client engagement and critical stakeholder management for the product.
- Drives product requirements and feature roadmaps from concept through delivery. May oversee development of business requirements, which align with the overall objectives and manage scope to plan.
- Ensures customer-driven design, considering user pain points and usability test results, while using market & industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product.
- Works directly with representatives of all organizational areas leading teams by assigning work to team members, advising team and sponsors of any status or implementation issues and recommends solutions as necessary. Work is varied and requires broad technical and business context.
- Anticipates industry and product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs, balancing business needs versus technical and resource constraints.
- Ensures early detection of risks and appropriate risk response strategy.
- Guides issues to closure and escalates obstacles as needed.
- Oversees or participates in product related communications to various levels of stakeholders (from technical SMEs to executive teams).
- Tracks key milestones and adjusts plans and/or resources as appropriate. Proactively identifies risks and leads team to implement mitigations strategies. Leads the team to remove blockers.
- Ensures cross-functional dependencies are identified to establish priorities.
- Identifies key opportunities for business process improvement, as well as development of technical or process enhancements to increase operational efficiencies, or reduce costs across the FRS.
- 5+ years of product management experience launching and managing products from end-to-end
- Strong familiarity with product management practices.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts.
- Must possess strong technological aptitude along with strong system and process analysis skills.
- Must possess solid business acumen, and have the ability to communicate effectively, conduct meetings and deliver formal presentations.
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, collaboration, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to influence successfully in a highly matrixed or virtual organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to create visuals and presentations to demonstrate complex concepts to a wide range of audience.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and decision-making abilities
- Ability to quickly receive and process information
- Judgment to advance risk based decisions appropriately
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder with intent to become a U.S. Citizen.
Other Desired Skills
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday's, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a great Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank
of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.