We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now! Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings and set ambitious goals in everything we do. If you are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
ABOUT THE TEAM AND POSITION…
As a Product Manager on the Sell to Carvana team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the digital experiences that give customers simple, self-service tools to sell and trade-in their cars through Carvana.com, our mobile apps, and our partners.
For most consumers, selling a car is complicated, time-consuming, uncertain, and frustrating. We have created a simple, fast, and fair process that combines user-friendly digital experiences and no-pressure customer support. The Sell to Carvana team has created an experience that customers love.
Our passionate, fast-moving team is committed to giving you a chance to build great products with teams and grow as a product manager. We’re looking for teammates who can work independently and truly own delivering experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead an integrated team of developers and designers building consumer-facing digital experiences for Carvana and our strategic partners. This role will focus on maximizing our opportunity from customer acquisition through appraisal, offer, and account creation. This role will work closely with our strategic partnerships and marketing teams.
Working with the product team, you will discover, refine, and deliver product updates in support of strategic growth objectives. The work will encompass the full spectrum of product work, including research, analysis, prioritization, problem-solving, and communication.
Success in this role will be measured in progress against KPIs including appraisal volume, offers saved, retail acquisition growth via partners, and net promoter score. Specific initiatives will be identified and prioritized together with business stakeholders, product leadership, and partners.
We’re empowered to make changes quickly and with a large and growing customer reach, you will see your work have an immediate impact.
- Evangelize our mission and objectives with both internal and external partners
- Develop strong relationships with leaders in marketing, strategic partnerships, and finance
- Take day-to-day ownership and execution responsibility for specific, key product initiatives
- Use qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methods to identify consumers’ frustrations and unmet needs and creatively identify product development opportunities
- Discover, develop, and share the team’s product vision and roadmap
- Own initiative shaping, scoping, and requirements drafting to enable effective engineering execution
- Write clear project briefs and detailed requirements to effectively communicate with the team and align all stakeholders around a common understanding of “what” and “why”
- Work with key stakeholders to estimate user impact, financial metrics, level of effort, and risks to guide critical prioritization decisions
- Creatively explore ways to speed up time-to-value, reduce risk, and increase pace of learning through prototyping, pilot testing and other forms of validation
- Track, analyze, interpret, and share results of product team initiatives to track progress against KPIs
- Engage team members individually and in small group settings in a way that builds trust, influence, and leaves people feeling good about working with you
- Bring a flexible, entrepreneurial, “whatever it takes” attitude to creating impact
- Live the Carvana values
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE...
- Minimum 3+ years experience in software product management
- Deep product experience at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- Expertise with SQL with a deep understanding of metrics
- Split-testing design and interpretation
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry)
- Open to feedback from all parts of the company
- A sense of humor – we don’t take ourselves too seriously and love to have fun
- Agile methodology experience
- Product strategy/roadmapping experience
- HTML/CSS/JS web development experience (for prototyping)
- Familiarity with Tableau (for creating new reports)
- Experience in a hyper-growth startup would be a big plus
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.