Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that’s disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? That’s what we’re doing here at Avalara. We are looking for a talented, recent grad to join our Product Team.
Product Managers work with Avalara’s product teams, engineering teams, and business leaders to define the future direction and scope for our compliance services. As the developer experience product manager, you will define a strategy for unified, cross-product experiences that will be consumed across Avalara and by developers, customers and partners. You’ll work closely with other product teams to define, build, and drive adoption of shared platform services.
- Work with internal and external customers to acquire a deep understanding of their requirements & business needs (e.g. other PMs, operations, developers, sales, marketing & customer success teams)
- Improve a portfolio of developer-focused products such as Developer Tools, SDKs, and APIs
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create requirements and user stories to drive an amazing developer experience
- Lead collaboration across our teams, customers and partners to validate feature priorities, determine product releases, and drive customer engagement.
- Lead the team in defining, analyzing and tracking each new release to ensure it has well-defined and essential metrics to measure key product and business success.
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
- Deliver requirements in partnership with Design/UX with an iterative, pragmatic approach to feature delivery
- Ensure that product requirements incorporate effective written and more creative, visual techniques (e.g. wireframes and mockups)
- Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data from primary and secondary researching including direct customer engagement
- Recent business, computer science or equivalent undergraduate degree awarded in 2020
- Very strong technical skills. You have computer science exposure and/or enjoy writing code as a hobby.
- Some internship and work experience in a professional setting.
- Familiar with software development methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated interest in SaaS based business model.
- Understanding of analytics and why they matter.
- Demonstrated interested in design thinking and customer driven innovation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to drive results through influence.
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable empathy or customers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business, computer science or equivalent field awarded in 2020.
- Held a leadership position within a school, club, etc.
- Familiar with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems.
- Some experience with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns).
- Experience with analytics platforms like Heap, FullStory, and Adobe
- Working on data models with hands-on SQL experience to write queries and perform data analysis.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.comAvalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.