At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We're seeking a Product Manager to provide leadership as Product Owner for Cloud Analysis and related 10x Genomics software. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys coordinating directly with engineering teams, and representing the customer and their requirements. Cloud Analysis is a new 10x software product that will soon be released to a small group of early access customers. You will have the opportunity to shape development for broader adoption and impact.
To learn more about why Software Product at 10x is special, and to see some of the team members, visit this page! https://www.10xgenomics.com/pages/product-manager/
What you will be doing:
- Drive development of impactful features that customers love.
- Work on a day-to-day basis with engineering, design, and QA to build and launch high quality features.
- Support the development team by answering their customer-oriented questions; keeping them informed and unblocked.
- Manage timelines and communication with stakeholders.
- Define and write clear and concise requirements; specify use cases; enable design to create UX wireframes.
- Maintain a well-groomed backlog.
- Take part in crafting strategy and roadmap across our software portfolio.
- Define meaningful product metrics; find and analyze the data to drive decision making on priorities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- A generalist skill set and experience building useful products.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, balance short term and long term trade-offs, and efficiently meet timelines; focus on execution and ability to drive work to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical sense; general understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Ability to synthesize information across many perspectives; willingness to trust.
- Structured and analytic thought process; experience translating data into actions.
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 700 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.