The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment. Mars uniquely refers to this environment as the A-to-V Commerce SM space, which incorporates everything from Autonomous to Voice commerce. We exist to nurture growth & good—in business, in people and in communities. Here, it’s all about leadership and ideas that create impact—worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager to join the Mars Technology Group. This individual will lead the development and implementation of various technologies including the MarilynSM marketing technology platform. The Product Manager will lead a team of engineers and collaborate with Client Managers and Technology Support Analyst to design, build, test and support these technologies and define their roadmap. The Product Manager will work with other Product Managers to share ideas and best practices and will have direct interaction with clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Research new trends in technology and consumer behavior that might influence the products and services
- Engage regularly with clients and end users to thoroughly understand their needs and priorities
- Work closely with a core cross-functional team of designers, creatives, engineers, project managers and sales & marketing specialists to deliver products to market, including leading the UAT of the product
- Evaluate and manage relationships with key external partners that will support our product and business vision
- Generate a strategic roadmap for technologies, including new features for existing products and new standalone products
- Work with the product teams closely to improve the usability and functionality of existing and new technologies
- Define, prioritize, and review the day-to-day tasks that are necessary to deliver those features
What You Bring to Us:
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to expertly bridge the technical and business worlds as you design products that customers love
- Ability to effectively balance long-term vision with short term goals
- Ability to design human-centric products
- Ability to understand the engineering challenges associated with complex technical systems
- You are a ‘doer’ - you don’t just research or advise, you roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You invest time to deeply understand the tools, technologies, and systems that you work with
- You are passionate about what you deliver and work to consistently improve it, even after its ‘launch’
- You can interpolate diverse data to find new insights and can extrapolate such insights into bigger trends that will inform business decisions
- You thrive in dynamic, ambiguous conditions that require rapid iteration cycles
- You can calmly address an unfamiliar problem and confidently guide a team to resolve it
- You can transition between collaborative and individual work as part of an agile, forward-thinking team
- You are curious, entrepreneurial, and an out-of-the-box thinker
- You are a strategic problem solver, collaborative team player and polished communicator (written and oral)
- You would describe yourself as ambitious, passionate about your work, and the type of person for whom a hard problem to solve gets your blood pumping.
- Experience in MS Visual Studio and Visual Studio debugging environment is a plus
- Some experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau) is preferred but not required
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.