Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking a Product Manager for our Springfield, MO location. The Product Manager is responsible for the overall growth and profitability for a core line of business focusing on market analysis, new product development, product positioning, and the implementation of product enhancements. This will require managing relationships with relevant functions such as Claims, Underwriting, IT, and Field/Marketing to provide a cross-channel focus on product design and development. In addition to line of business responsibilities, a major component of the role is competitor and market intelligence for all lines of business which will entail coverage/rate comparisons and market research that will enable us to identify industry trends and opportunities for improvement within our strategic lines of business. The Product Manager will recommend product decisions for their assigned line(s) of business and work closely with Product & Pricing Leadership to finalize those decisions.
- Monitor and report trends impacting assigned line(s) of business – e.g. loss trends, industry trends, mix of business trends, etc.
- Address internal and external emerging issues such as production problems, complaints, market conduct criticisms, regulatory changes, industry trends, emerging technologies and emerging exposures by acting as subject matter expert to ensure all stakeholders are engaged and a collaborative solution is achieved and executed.
- Evaluate monthly financial results and provide insights regarding actual vs. planned financial results.
- Countrywide Product Development for assigned line(s) of business: Lead meetings to facilitate collaboration across all stakeholder groups, prioritize and drive product development in support of countrywide growth and profitability for the line and focus markets, document and prioritize actions impacting the line of business.
- Countrywide Profitability and Growth action plans: Coordinate, track and evaluate the impact of all actions impacting the line of business, utilizing a cross-functional team including underwriting, actuarial, marketing, claims, agencies and IT.
- Work with key stakeholders to determine priority and scope of annual rate filings, coordinate adjustments to schedule as needed, understand impact to profitability and rate plan when rate actions are rescheduled.
- Coordinate and track countrywide rollout of product changes.
- Work with cross-functional team to track impact of all actions impacting the line of business. Understand ultimate impact of all planned actions, determine if additional actions are needed to achieve profitability and growth goals for line of business.
- Act as subject matter expert to provide support for new system implementation and rating system maintenance. Consult on matters involving rating, coverages, etc. to ensure integrity of the product. Coordinate rollout schedule to ensure minimal disruption to ongoing product and profitability initiatives.
- Innovation – coordination/piloting of new technologies that will impact performance of the line of business.
- Countrywide competitor review and analysis with support from Product Management Analyst.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Two or more years of insurance industry experience in Product, Underwriting, Marketing, Claims or Actuarial
- Professional designation, such as CPCU, is highly desirable and strongly preferred. ARe, AIM, AU or equivalent knowledge, experience and training a plus.
- Understanding of line of business processes, financial results, and underlying data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores