Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
- Develops and implements product portfolio strategies for assigned category that provide industry leadership in architectural doors and profitable growth for Masonite
- Manages all products in assigned portfolio throughout all stages of their life cycle
- Manages product P&L by developing product strategies for revenue generation, cost savings, and innovation.
- Develops strategies for development, introduction, continuing contribution, and discontinuance, while maximizing overall growth and profitability within the P&L.
- Executes and maintains a product portfolio strategy to guide new product development efforts for each product line and coordinate cross-functionally with the New Product Development team and all functional areas and locations to support new product innovation business targets.
- Drives MIC efforts for product testing and research to support current offering value proposition
- Monitors current, and anticipate future, customer and market needs and preferences by implementing voice of customer and industry research.
- Manages pricing for both new and existing products through competitive research, internal data analysis and sales interaction
- Provides recommendations on pricing strategies which enhances portfolio profitability
- Supports development of and manage tactical execution of annual product marketing plans
- Coordinates with enterprise creative and brand teams to develop promotional plans, advertising campaigns, catalogs, brochures, displays, exhibits, and other support materials
- Ensures needed product supply at the lowest possible product cost while maintaining quality standards
- Steers all engineering and manufacturing activities concerned with new product or new technology development and product maintenance activities related to products
- Ensures accurate forecasting information, particularly as it pertains to new, discontinued or promotional products
- Monitors activities of critical vendors
- Maintains on-going competitive intelligence to guide pricing, promotions, field activity, customer service and product development
- Relates and recommends changes in established market distribution and strategy as necessitated by market and consumer preferences
- Coordinates the interpretation of codes and distribution of this information to the sales organization and customers
- Seeks legal advice from corporate counsel to ensure propriety of pricing mechanism, trademarks, product labeling, policies and contractual agreements
- Demonstrates competency in the Masonite values: Integrity, Customer Commitment, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork & Respect and Leadership & Accountability
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field. MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience including new product launch, portfolio analysis, product life cycle management, category simplification, and management of cross-functional teams
- Prior P & L experience
- Possess understanding of frameworks needed to manage a product line across all stages of the product life cycle.
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity
- Able to think strategically while also enjoying tactical execution of programs
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Analytical and creative problem solver
- Strong on planning and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft project or similar platform preferred
- Candidate must possess strong skills in written and oral communication with all levels of internal management and outside stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 30%