Veritude is hiring a Product Manager for Fidelity Investments. The position is based in Salt Lake City, UT.
We are looking for someone who cares deeply about understanding what customers really need, is passionate about user experience and is looking for a challenging role that provides an opportunity to create exceptional software solutions.
We’re looking for a great team member that has experience working with customers / users / stakeholders, driving delivery of great software products, capturing requirements, documenting use cases, writing acceptance criteria, and other means used to communicate the ideal user experience ... and we know that you are the one!
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in technology / digital products preferred
- Experience working in an agile software development environment a plus
- Experience capturing customer / user requirements, creating use cases, writing user stories
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering sessions with customers, users, internal teams, stakeholders, etc.
- Experience with the JIRA and Confluence applications a plus
- Experience with user experience design prototyping and familiarity with tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
Ultimate purpose, deliver great product experiences! Delight customers and users. Make them more productive. Eliminate and alleviate customer pain points, problems, inefficiencies, etc. Engage our customers, users, partners, stakeholders, etc.
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to work as a team member
- Your ability to work independently and autonomously as needed
- Takes the initiative, leads by example, is self-driven and self-accountable, drives accountability within the team
- Good technical acumen and aptitude
- Have good project management skills, are organized, can keep others organized, can prioritize, and are super analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be flexible, responsive, be able to adapt and evolve
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong team orientation to getting work done. Relationship AND Results-driven.
The Value You Deliver
- Drive the design, build, and delivery of products / applications.
- Day to day, work closely and collaboratively with the squad lead, technology team and business partners to gather and document requirements for building new products and enhancing existing products.
- Coordinate the delivery of these product capabilities and product updates to the users.
- Work with teams across different geographical regions and time zones
- Identify and solve complex issues quickly, turn them into simple, intuitive, and elegant solutions.
- Build and maintain solid productive relationships with team members, users, customers, stakeholders, etc … in person or over the phone
- Create product vision, translate product vision into product strategy, translate and convey strategy in the form of executable product requirements
- Understand and document user scenarios, use cases, the expected user experience
- Define feature lists, use cases, acceptance criteria, user flows, user personas and other artifacts in support of product development efforts
- Participate in work estimation processes for high level and detailed pieces of work
- Organize and facilitate product reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Agile / Scrum-related meetings
- Perform ongoing product backlog maintenance, prioritization, and resolution of defects/bugs
- Manage timeline and delivery expectations
- Work closely with various teams to test, drive implementation, and deliver capabilities and services
- Sign off on key features as they are delivered through the Agile development process
- Document key features for handoff to marketing, training, documentation, professional services, and support teams; serve as subject matter expert
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining product team standards, tools, and best practices
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.