Responsible for directing the development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans, programs, and budgets to meet company sales profit objectives and optimize market opportunities. This position may oversee Product Managers and Associate Product Managers within key business segments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the formulation of marketing strategies and tactical execution including pricing, selection or market segments for special emphasis, promotional and advertising support of sales, and specifying the necessary product characteristics.
- Supports the new product development organization to drive upstream new product introduction processes. This includes voice of customer activities; user needs generation, developing surgeon interactions, and feedback collection.
- Acts as strong advocate for Voice of the Customer needs, and is responsive to those customers including surgeon partners and sales channel members
- Directs regular review of markets and products to identify promising opportunities for creating separate product businesses and specialized professional areas.
- Participates in conventions and professional exhibitions to maintain company image and remain aware of product requirements and new market opportunities
- Prepares long range, annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasts for each product line. Analyzes and reviews forecasts variances and recommends corrective actions to minimize future back orders or potential obsolescence.
- Develops and maintains product line technical expertise and contacts with key surgeons and customers of product responsibility by observing surgery, attending medical/scientific meetings, presentations, and seminars while gathering competitive information.
- Develops and manages assigned budgets for administration and marketing activities of the products that are assigned to this responsibility.
- Determines list pricing for all products via thorough competitive analysis, market trends, etc.
- Conducts market research activities to analyze and identify market needs and issues.
- Provides clear guidance to product management team to support the daily management of the product portfolio
- Leads, mentors and develops product management team members to support their professional growth
- Maintains a high level of collaboration with domestic and international sales leaders to drive product line market adoption
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with a clear and concise manner. Excel at making business presentations.
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.•Strong ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with key customers, including surgeons and sales teams
- Ability to lead a team, influence others, and through strong organizational skills.
- Energizes all levels of the organization to deliver on business goals and objectives.
- Excels at Influence management as cross-functional business lead
- Microsoft Office Suite; general knowledge of medical device business including the science, products (Zimmer Biomet and competitors), research and commercialization process, manufacturing, marketing, and sales; market knowledge, products within assigned group, surgical process, selling process, regulatory process, development process, and marketing strategies.
- B.A. /B.S. in marketing, sales or other relevant 4 year degree. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of product management experience or sales experience in a healthcare field.
- Experience working with traditional marketing concepts, marketing strategies, product promotion, market analysis, and forecasting.Experience in both Sales and Commercial Marketing is preferred
- Up to 40%
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.