- Driven by Uptime. Our focus is delivering Trucks and Buses that carry on the promise of being on the road and staying there.
Navistar is hiring a Product Manager
- Over the past two years Navistar has redesigned most of the International Truck vehicle line-up, including the LT Series and RH Series tractors, HX Series vocational truck, and soon to be introduced HV Series and MV Series trucks. The company is witnessing market share growth in several of its core segments, a testament to the customer acceptance of its new products
- Product quality and uptime has been a strong and ongoing focus across the entire company. Navistar has introduced a number of new powertrains to its truck line-up, including the International® A26 12.4L diesel.
- Our alliance with Volkswagen Truck and Bus increases our global scale, strengthens our competitiveness, and provides our customers with expanded access to cutting-edge products, technology and services.
- Superior parts and services offering throughout the country via our distribution channel
- Best in class non-asset-based products that enable our customers to not only create value for themselves but for their customers as well
Based in metro Chicago, Navistar International Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of trucks and buses and member of the Fortune 500. Our culture is to do things in days, not months, with the goal of delivering superior levels of product performance to our customers. We are looking for a Product Manager with this kind of commitment and entrepreneurial mindset to be part of our success story and help take our company to the next level.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the following areas:
- Manage the Engine Cooling and HVAC Product Lines with Navistar’s North American Parts Organization, managing over $100M in annual revenue
- Work with cross-functional teams to initiate, manage and execute new product launch and a mange life cycle of current products
- Develop pricing RFQ’s and spot quotes to secure sales and penetrate market presence
- Develop pricing strategies for current and future products
- Track revenue and margin by maintaining a KPI matrix and report results effectively to upper management
- Create promotional materials and develop strategies for Go-to market success
- Collaborate with Sales and National Account Managers to retrieve market feedback and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage projects from start up to fully operational with focus on strategic goals and time requirements
- Gather data and conduct in-depth analysis of market share and look for areas for development
- Launch programs that identify opportunities aligned with company strategies and sales targets
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by planned market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Obtain and provide market knowledge of; internal and competitive product positioning, price positioning, market/segment size and share trends, and customer satisfaction
- Interpret market analysis and assist in the development of product plan
- Provide VOC/Sales and Marketing direction in various functional meetings
- Analyze current market position and recommend ways to boost market share, considering customer segmentation, industry segmentation, product features and product TCO/ROI
- Working directly with the leadership of the Sales and Marketing organization to implement company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Provide subject matter support for public relations and marketing communications activities
- Assist in the development of dealer bulletins to communicate new offerings and product changes
- Recommends new product feature introductions
- Perform competitor analysis including product benchmarking (competitive comparisons), competitor strengths and weaknesses (SWOT), general operating strategies, and target markets
- Provide product specifications and product knowledge support for trade shows
- Other duties as assigned
In this highly visible role you will analyze market trends through dealer performance metrics for Navistar’s Aftermarket Parts segments: Engine Cooling & HVAC. This position is accountable for development and execution of product marketing plans to achieve incremental, profitable growth of through collaboration with dealer and fleet sales teams.
You will identify opportunities for growing existing categories and recommend new product introduction opportunities. Your work will require project management experience and collaboration with several internal teams including purchasing, sales, dealer operations and distribution. You will oversee market research, monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs as well as establish pricing strategies.
Responsibilities for growing product categories include but not limited to:
- Product viability
- Dealer capture and retention
- Life cycle management
- Involvement in purchase negotiations
- Dealer performance
Develops specific marketing plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies. Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of marketing, sales or product-related experience
- At least 1 year of lead experience
- Master’s degree and at least 6 years of marketing, sales or product-related experience
- At least 1 year of lead experience
- At least 10 years of marketing, sales or product-related experience
- At least 1 year of lead experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Commercial vehicle, parts or market knowledge
- Background in product management with proven record of meeting deadlines
- Experience with life cycle management
- Self-motivated with desire to win and learn
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Business Acumen. Ability to create a recommendation that benefits the business.
- Problem solving and analytical skills from fields like engineering, purchasing, marketing, customer service, or business strategy.
- Strong technical understanding or education coupled with education and/or industry experience.
- Research and competitive intelligence
- Understanding of remanufactured products and processes
Navistar is a manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines. Wherever ingenuity drives global markets, you'll find us taking the lead. We believe the world is propelled forward by new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.