Product Marketing Manager
- Works cross-functionally within the Sales, Engineering, and Operations Organizations, as well as with executive staff.
- Maintain a solid understanding of short term and long-term market trends in technology, solutions and pricing.
- Collect product requirements information from the field to generate new product requirements and guide development priorities.
- Maintain a product mix and pricing strategy for each sector. Provide pricing strategies for direct and indirect channels for new and existing products based on market trends and benchmarking.
- Develop and implement a Regional based Marketing Plan that enables corporate targets to be met or exceeded.
- Maximize competitiveness of the company and maximize ASP through benchmarking, positioning, and leveraging of technology.
- Define Market Requirements Documents (MRD) for new products and features that are in the development plan.
- Identify and characterize solution expansion opportunities, including adjacent and vertical market segments, and maximize the indirect channel return.
- Interface with PLM and Engineering organizations to ensure development schedules are maintained and any proposed changes/deviations are properly communicated and approved by all key stakeholders.
- Key account/customer retention. Maintain the health status of key accounts.
- Provide bid strategy, competitive positioning and pricing support for strategically and commercially important bids.
- Effectively communicate product plans and roadmaps to key internal and external customers, such that solutions are well positioned and understood.
- Ensure sales sectors are trained on the product offering, availability and system tools.
- Define the promotional activity plan per region, including tradeshow plan, conference and speaking event activity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering technology.
- A Master’s degree such as an MBA is preferred, but not essential.
- Strong motivation
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong technical skills & expertise, ideally in microwave or telecommunications
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues, simultaneously
- Strong inter-personal and general communication skills (speaking, presenting, writing)
- Supervisory experience and ability to manage schedules, deadlines and hold others accountable.
- Excellent Customer/Issue Management resolution skills.
- A genuine desire and drive to ensure the products success and implement the goals of the company.
- Ability to travel up to 40% to internal stake holders and external clients
- A minimum of 5-15 years relevant work experience in communications marketing is essential for this role. Specific experience working in the microwave transmission field is preferred.
- Experience working in a diverse organizational structure interfacing with Sales, Engineering and externally with Customers and in a role where managing a Product Line or Portfolio was required.